BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Body lift Jimmy 04 1.3 help

More
30 Aug 2020 20:15 #227572 by jackonlyjack
Ideally you need 3" lift
You could have 2" lift if you're willing to trim arches and bumpers
Do you have wheel spacers or - off set wheels ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2020 09:03 - 01 Sep 2020 09:06 #227620 by Scot The Sniper
Hi Jack thanks for your reply as in my original post when I noticed a broken spring this is where it all went wrong I bought 3" front springs as I thought it was raised 3" but it was the body it was raised 3" so took body lift of rifhtened it back down to normal size then got springs and shocks for rear and shocks dor front 3" shocks so fitted all the springs and shocks took for a drive pulling severly right now im told i need to get adjustable panhard rod and steering rod to correct this and now body is back down tyres are hitting arches.
P.s it does have wheel spacers and another think I bought it with the body lift
Last edit: 01 Sep 2020 09:06 by Scot The Sniper. Reason: Adding to discription

More
01 Sep 2020 15:33 #227628 by jackonlyjack
So now you have a complete 3" spring and shock lift
You need adjustable panhard rods front and rear
Cheapest you can get are from Richard Fox
When fitted measure from the tyre or wheel rim inside edge to chassis rail
Use this method to get your wheels sitting level with car body

This may stop your rubbing issues
Maybe will need to get tracking done at this point

More
02 Sep 2020 14:22 #227646 by Scot The Sniper
Thanks for this Jack will do this and post when done will I need adjustable steering rod as well

More
02 Sep 2020 14:43 #227649 by jackonlyjack

More
04 Sep 2020 12:53 #227713 by Scot The Sniper
Thanks very much jack

More
02 Sep 2022 18:11 #244839 by Scot The Sniper
im back as everyone sighs lol the jimny has been of the rd since my last post and i bought panhard rods 4 weeks ago and now there evantually fitted. i have a 04 jimny in for repair i have meassured his front and rear panhard rods from bolt hole to bolt hole and rear is 15mm out and front is 8mm out i hope this is ok to do it that way or is it not adive please. p.s i need one radious arm bolt for this other jimny as i had to take the radius arm of to weld a bit on it and snapped the rear radious arm bolt that was even with heat if anyone has a spare to send me i would be so greatfull as you can only but then in 4x bolts p.s im glad to be back its been of the road since my last post i was depressed with it lol and iam glad to be back as this forum has a great bunch of ppl on here hope to hear back from you soon. scot

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds