BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Routing the aerial cable...

More
10 Jun 2020 09:37 #223433 by gusthegorilla
Hi guys...

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get an aerial cable down the inside of the windscreen pillar and into the cabin, when there's no other cable of any kind to use as a pull-through??

I've been trying for half a day to find a route through, using a variety of fencing wire, coat hangers, etc., without success.

Even tried taking the wing off, but there's a snorkel fitted, so gave up on that idea...

Snorkel....could I run the coax through the inside, and back into the cabin from the engine bay..??

There's already a big hole where the OEM aerial was, and I don't want to drill the roof, if I can avoid it..

Any tricks that I haven't thought of would be appreciated...

Thanks a lot,

Gus:)

I'm planning to live forever.....so far, so good !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2020 10:19 #223435 by gusthegorilla
Don't panic....George has a cunning plan..:silly:

Thank you, George, I'll try that when it stops raining...

Gus :)

More
10 Jun 2020 11:02 #223436 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Routing the aerial cable...
With a straight section of wire with the bottom 2" bent to about a 30 degree angle it should be possible to get down the pillar and then find the hole that exits into the footwell. Failing that, go from the bottom-up!
And next time leave a pull-through cable in there! I did mine yesterday and it's a 2 minute job if you already have something in place.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gusthegorilla

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
10 Jun 2020 16:25 - 10 Jun 2020 16:25 #223446 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Routing the aerial cable...
Its a bit fiddly, but theres a small gap into the scuttle panel from the wheelarch (for drainage). I used that as a route to get breather pipes from under the bonnet to go up the windscreen side of the snorkel in some corrugated tube, It would work for wiring too...

No help for the radio aerial tho :laugh:

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Jun 2020 16:25 by Riccy.

More
10 Jun 2020 17:13 - 10 Jun 2020 21:55 #223451 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Routing the aerial cable...
I managed to feed a 1.5mm multi strand single cable down, feeding in from the aerial mount and twisting the cable as I fed it down. It eventually appeared in the foot well side, but I had a helper look as I fed the cable. I then used this to pull the 6mm twin core cable needed for my roof rack mounted LED floodlight up from within the cabin fuse box. I can't recall it was any trouble, seem to remember it appeared first go.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 10 Jun 2020 21:55 by Scimike.

More
11 Jun 2020 12:09 #223483 by gusthegorilla
:woohoo: SUCCESS :woohoo:

Thank you for all the suggestions, guys.....Busta's 30° bend did the trick in the end...Riccy, I'll remember the wiring route, too, that's useful !!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Riccy

More
13 Jun 2020 12:03 #223555 by Reason2doubt

Riccy wrote: Its a bit fiddly, but theres a small gap into the scuttle panel from the wheelarch (for drainage). I used that as a route to get breather pipes from under the bonnet to go up the windscreen side of the snorkel in some corrugated tube, It would work for wiring too...

No help for the radio aerial tho :laugh:

This is very useful to know... given my next task is breather pipe installation! Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Riccy

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds