BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Trapped in the UK.

More
25 May 2020 16:53 #222819 by BGBrit
Trapped in the UK. was created by BGBrit
Hi all,
I've a problem, just as many here will have their own problems due to this wretched virus. I drove over to England from my home in Bulgaria, entered the country 20th January 2020. The Jimny has Bulgarian plates and has a full Bulgarian mot, road tax, and insurance with a green card allowing my car to stay in England for six months, tops. I hoped to be driving back home with a UK caravan last month, but that was out of the question. If this lockdown continues beyond July 20th my Bulgarian insurance will be void and I will need (according to UK Authorities) to register the car in England, have a UK mot certificate - tax and insurance. Then when the lock down is over - drive back to Bulgaria and re-register the car in Bulgaria. An added cost I did not foresee. Anyone else in a similar predicament?
Cheers
Tony.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 May 2020 17:04 #222820 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Trapped in the UK.
I'm not sure that you have a problem as such things as testing is currently able to be postponed. I would suggest you talk about it with whatever authority granted you the initial documentation and get there perspective, it could even be that you are at liberty to return, but without asking the authorities directly it will only be hearsay.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
27 May 2020 13:38 #222880 by Keithy
Replied by Keithy on topic Trapped in the UK.
Collect all the illegal immigrants dingies and lash em together and nip across the channel?
The following user(s) said Thank You: BGBrit

• Jim Jim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 May 2020 13:49 #222883 by Jim Jim
Replied by Jim Jim on topic Trapped in the UK.
Hope you get though without much issues. I know it might be costly but look at shipping your Jimny back to Bulgaria and then take the train or possible means to get back home afterwards.

More
27 May 2020 15:27 #222894 by BGBrit
Replied by BGBrit on topic Trapped in the UK.
Best buy a long rope then...

More
27 May 2020 15:30 #222895 by BGBrit
Came over to buy a UK caravan which I did three months ago to take back, looks like I'll be selling both caravan and Jimny here now and fly back home.
Cheers Jim Jim

• Lambert
    Registered
More
27 May 2020 16:40 #222898 by Lambert
Did you manage to get any sense out of the authorities?

More
28 May 2020 11:34 - 28 May 2020 11:35 #222922 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic Trapped in the UK.
Surely there must be some concessions for this predicament - there must be many other people in the same situation!
How about contacting the local member of Parliament in the area you are staying in order to get some kind of clarification or even a letter - if he has the guts to write something for you

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 28 May 2020 11:35 by Max Headroom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BGBrit, Scimike

More
28 May 2020 12:40 #222928 by Keithy
Replied by Keithy on topic Trapped in the UK.

BGBrit wrote: Came over to buy a UK caravan which I did three months ago to take back, looks like I'll be selling both caravan and Jimny here now and fly back home.
Cheers Jim Jim

How were you due to get back...ferry tunnel?

All should be open by the end of June at the latest.

If you're not a rapist or a murderer of hosts come stay in Leeds for a month.....then get a ferry from Hull.....keep your stuff.

More
28 May 2020 21:46 #222952 by cailean
Replied by cailean on topic Trapped in the UK.
I'm confused, the borders should be open by then, and you plan to tow a caravan with a Jimny?

• Lambert
    Registered
More
29 May 2020 05:35 #222965 by Lambert
A Jimny is a capable tow car as long as you stay within the 1300kg limit and accept that you are not going to break any speed records. I frequently tow a twin axle sheep trailer without any issues and that is a live load which moves about, a caravan is pleasant in comparison.

More
29 May 2020 06:28 #222967 by BGBrit
Hi all,
Trapped no longer it appears. From 15th June, it looks like all shall be open. The caravan is an Abbey Iona, 855 kgs, with my internal junk and stuff, perhaps a full load on the Jimny will be 1000 kgs and with only myself in the Jimny, I gauge it will be fine, ''an adventure''... At 66 I'm still up for a little excitement and perhaps driving on the edge. There's no checked flag as to how long it will take me to travel the 2,200 miles, if fact, I'm looking forward to the challenge, just me, the Jimny, the tool kit, oh! and not forgetting the Iona.
Tony.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds