BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Sound Deadening + ODII and SRS scanners

• B3Hulk
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 May 2020 06:58 #222217 by B3Hulk
Hi All,

Thought I would update my experience with sound deadening the Jimny. The Jimny really suffers from road noise and loud engine whining noise at high speeds. I ordered some sound deadening materials from carbuilders.com.au

I have done the floor, the rear side walls and the roof and wow, what a difference. I am still waiting for another box to do the doors and underneath the bonnet.

There are no real issues or hidden tips and tricks to help remove the interior. Everything is fairly basic and easy to remove. The only tip I suggest is unplugging the battery to ensure that your SRS light doesn't turn on. Unfortunately for me, I forgot to reconnect one of the sensors after connecting the battery and the SRS light turned on.

I have a few scanners and incase anyone is wondering, Autel AutoLink AL619 does work on all models of Jimny (Gen 2, Gen 3 and Gen 4) . Connected the scanner and cleared all codes with no issues. Light disappeared and everything is back to normal.

I have the older model which is red but the new model works as well. The good thing about AutoLink is that you can connect the scanner to your computer and update all software. They are constantly updating their vehicle list and new models to make sure the scanner still works.

On another note, my tyres BFG KO2 215/75/r15 came in finally!!

Oh if you are wondering, the wheels I have are R15 with negative 13 offset which is the max you can go without the tyre overhanging the wheel arches.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2020 11:30 #222222 by Soeley
Wow, that's a lot of sound deadening, how much does all that weigh?

More
01 Sep 2023 20:48 #250634 by jolerdev32
Acoustic froth, fiberglass, and acoustic segregation items are among the best ones for Sound Deadening, as they retain or scatter sounds. Nonetheless, weight is definitely not a huge calculate the viability of sound hosing, and lighter materials can be more straightforward to introduce.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds