BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Wheel/tyre rotation and TPMS (Gen4)

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
05 May 2020 04:34 #221903 by Lambert

Bob1050 wrote:

Scimike wrote: Are Suzuki deliberately making a simple task difficult or are all TPMS equipped vehicles this involved?
I have never owned a vehicle with TPMS and your are not selling it to me as a feature I would want.

I have had a couple of cars fitted with TPMS and as an electronics design colleague described it to me "It's another piece of technology looking for a home"! The marketing guru's have bought into it as another 'chargeable technology feature' to impose on customers. It delivers negligible benefits to owners and increases the opportunities for further profits in the future.

It's also another device that protects Suzuki as a manufacturer from being sued for negligence in the event of a situation that could be attributed to a tyre pressure issue eg a tyre getting a nail and going soft and causing a roll over being claimed as a design defect putting Suzuki at liability, with tpms they are able to say you as driver ignored a warning and obviated their liability.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scimike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2020 07:49 - 05 May 2020 08:13 #221909 by Scimike
"you as driver ignored a warning"
That's the other problem I have seen with TPMS, the warning is on / off with the changing of the season's to the point that eventually the driver may just ignore it, its a bit "cry wolf". A high proportion of hire vehicles I have used, my son's Corsa and even the new Jimny I test drove all had TPMS warning on, when I asked, "just ignore it" was the response. Good idea, poorly executed and mostly ignored by the owners that need it the most.
I'll stick with my pressure gauge and weekly checks.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 05 May 2020 08:13 by Scimike.

More
05 May 2020 12:11 #221915 by Busta
So how complicated is it to deactivate altogether? Or can it simply be ignored and warning messages removed? It sounds like a bit of a nightmare, especially for someone who regularly changes tyre pressures for different terrain.

More
05 May 2020 21:44 - 05 May 2020 21:46 #221923 by Scimike
Just noticed that the subject of tyre rotation nearly has a page for each tyre, we are at 4 pages tyres as I type, will this post tip the subject to 5 and include the spare?

Drum roll

Edit Nope, looks like the spares not included at the moment :laugh:

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 05 May 2020 21:46 by Scimike. Reason: Failed to force page 5

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
06 May 2020 04:27 #221929 by Lambert
Our 2016 has tpms and at the moment as a road car it's just there doing nothing quietly. In the fullness of time though when the car gets promoted to farm work and is therefore running softer pressure more often it's going to be interesting to see if it is recalibrateable it being an older version of the system.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds