BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Places to source parts for a Canadian Jimny

• TokGuy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Apr 2020 01:47 #221665 by TokGuy
So, I`m rather new to Suzuki`s in general, but I somehow managed to find a nice fresh 1992 Jimny up here in Canada. Only 60,000 km on her. Had to trundle it through the Rockies at night, about a 500km drive to get it home, but worth it!
My issue is sourcing parts. Canada never got the Jimny, we got the NA Samurai and Sidekick and Sunrunner and such, but not the Jimny. It makes sense that nobody here stocks parts. And if I can`t locate some cheaper parts companies or websites soon, I will have to find a new home for her. So I was hoping you lot could help me out. Yokohama Motors is very, very pricey, and I doubt my local Suzuki dealer will be any better. I don`t really want to be priced out of being able to care for such a fun car.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
30 Apr 2020 06:03 #221670 by Lambert
We are primarily a UK based group but do have a respectable number of Canadian members who are much more likely to know of decent supply places though it could be a case of getting onto the internet and getting bits imported.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
30 Apr 2020 06:34 #221673 by mlines
If it's a 1992, then it's all but identical to the samurai, its just a name badge?

Do you mean it is a late samurai that has coil springs as standard? If so then the only real difference is the springs themselves.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
30 Apr 2020 07:13 #221675 by yakuza
1992 is a leaf spring I think. Highroof models are rare in the US and canada. Malaysia this one? What engine? I had a 1985 highroof for years.
All or most parts in the suspension is the same as Samurai. Some after 1988 has wider axles but not sure of yours as there is no fender flares. Only half shafts is different anyways. If the scoop on the bonnet is original then this is might be a 660cc or not 1.3 engine.
I bought a lot of parts from lowrangeoffroad.com and trailtough.com in the US over the years.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
30 Apr 2020 08:26 - 30 Apr 2020 08:30 #221677 by zukebob
I would guess a JA11 with the 657cc F6A engine. I'm not sure if the UK received any of these. If not, the fact that it is right hand drive would make me think it was probably privately imported from Japan or Australia.

As Lambert said you might not get too much information here. You might try Auszookers forum. I think the JA11 has a little bit of a following there. They might also suggest part suppliers.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
Last edit: 30 Apr 2020 08:30 by zukebob.

More
30 Apr 2020 12:02 #221691 by mlines
I see from your other post that it is a 600cc Kei car. Most parts are still the same but you will find engine parts more of a challenge. Did Canada ever import Suzuki cappuccinos?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• TokGuy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Apr 2020 18:26 #221704 by TokGuy
I don’t believe we did. I think the only other car we imported with the 660 Turbo was the Suzuki Carry.

• TokGuy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Apr 2020 18:28 #221705 by TokGuy
Replied by TokGuy on topic Places to source parts for a Canadian Jimny
This one is the 660, imported straight from Japan. Still has the original pre-import Japanese inspection in the glovebox and everything.

More
30 Apr 2020 23:04 #221716 by zukebob
I believe that Suzuki only sold the Samurai here in the Philippines but quite a few JA11s have been purchased surplus from Japan and converted to left hand drive (a legal requirement). The club I belong to mostly caters to Gen3 and Gen4 owners but I can ask about suppliers for JA11 parts. If I can get some suggestions, I will post it here.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left

• TokGuy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Apr 2020 23:48 #221717 by TokGuy
Replied by TokGuy on topic Places to source parts for a Canadian Jimny
That’d be much appreciated, thank you.

More
01 May 2020 01:20 #221718 by Rabid Rhino
Trail Tough bought out all Hawk Suxukis old stock so they should be able to help you.
If not try Highway 83 Suzuki's or even Aftermarket 4x4.
I'm bringing over a 40' container in a few months so I maybe able to help with some big items as a friend of mine scrapped a 660 Jimny of mine years ago and may still have bits hanging around.

Looking for a nice clean and straight LHD Jimny..... Not any more.
Got one that seems to have been magnatized and driven through the "Big Jimny Bits" parts stores too quickly so it missed a few items.

• Chuckleberry
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Apr 2022 02:33 #243025 by Chuckleberry
Replied by Chuckleberry on topic Places to source parts for a Canadian Jimny
If you find a good answer send it my way would ya! And beautiful jimny you got there mate i absolutely love that retro look!

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds