BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Push button 4wd fixed

More
13 Apr 2020 21:50 #221048 by me101
Push button 4wd fixed was created by me101
Hi, the 4wd system is now fixed (fingers crossed!). Thought I'd put a bit of something together with pictures in case it helps someone else. Been very busy with the house the last couple of years, so any little bits of work have been done by the garage. It has been nice to get down to doing it myself for a change!
Have a look, let me know if I have missed something obvious:

www.clsdoncaster.com/post/jimny-4wd-issue-resolved

Thanks to those who input to getting this solved.

2007 Little Jim with cheap mods!
www.youtube.com/channel/UCeBDekO99Qk2aOmBmSmrI9w

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wilt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Apr 2020 17:39 #221103 by wilt
Replied by wilt on topic Push button 4wd fixed
Hi me101 thanks for the write up & pics but do you have to do all that to stop the Green Light flashing as mine as just started to do that,I heard a clonk when depressing the switches then that was it the green light is stuck on flashing so I'm not sure it it's in 2wd or 4wd?can you not just bypass the system as you,ve shown without having to pull it all to bits?the pic of the switch wire linked out is not to clear have you another pic you could post please

Regards

Keith

More
15 Apr 2020 18:41 #221105 by me101
Replied by me101 on topic Push button 4wd fixed
Hi, I don't have a better pic unfortunately, but if you look from the front of the car, below the battery, there is a white connector. The bottom part is fixed, separate the top piece and it is the top piece you bridge. You should only have to mess with the transfer box if you need to manually change from 4wd to 2wd. The white connector is a pig to get to! Not sure if you will need to block the vac pipes as well.
Cheers

• wilt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2020 15:35 #221133 by wilt
Replied by wilt on topic Push button 4wd fixed
Thanks me101 pic not required your explanation of what to do & exact fix is bang on

Cheers

Keith

More
16 Apr 2020 19:08 #221142 by me101
Replied by me101 on topic Push button 4wd fixed
No problem, bit strange this, it's normally me asking the questions!

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds