BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New here and need some measurements if anyone is getting bored in quarantine!

• Jojo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Apr 2020 22:02 #220611 by Jojo
Hi everyone,

As per the topic title, I'm new here. Ordered a Kinetic Yellow Jimny last month and keeping all my limbs and appendices crossed the quarantine will be eased here sooner rather than later and the car arrives! Our local dealer only had two available to order before they stop selling them in Europe so did not have much choice.

In the meantime, I'm looking at ordering some essentials and hoping to save some money by ordering some random non urgent bits from China (insert corona joke here...).

I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to measure the windows for me? I wanted to get a set of folding sun/blackout screens for occasional camping before I can stretch my budget to a rooftop tent. Just a rough height/width of all of them would be fine.

I'd also like to know the rough distance between the leftmost and the rightmost black screws/bolts underneath the rear side windows. I'd like a couple of cargo nets or bags there over the wheel arches to hold stuff when I have 3 passengers on board and the boot space might not be enough. Also the width and the length of the inner "platform" on top of the wheel arch could be very helpful.

Thx for reading and hopefully someone can give me a hand with the measures!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2020 05:35 #220614 by Max Headroom
I can't help you Jojo, but bound to be someone along soon that can.

In the meantime a BIGJimny welcome to you from the Cotswold Hills! :)

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
03 Apr 2020 10:56 - 03 Apr 2020 10:58 #220621 by Soeley
Hello and welcome, I bet you can't wait?

Window measurements measured internally and visible glass are (Width x Height) in mm:
Rear Window 920 x 310\300
Rear Sides 560 x 300
Front Sides 855 x 390/420
Windscreen 1200 x 415

Rear side window bolts

Load Tray (I have the rubber matt)

Width

Depth

Last edit: 03 Apr 2020 10:58 by Soeley.

• Jojo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Apr 2020 11:56 #220624 by Jojo
Oh wow, thanks so much for the welcome Max and Soeley for the measures! With the photos and all, so much trouble I'm feeling a bit bad for asking now....

I really can't wait, hopefully the situation improves soon everywhere.

More
03 Apr 2020 14:23 #220629 by Soeley

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds