BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New suspension or spacers?

• mattyjoyce
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2020 21:25 #220339 by mattyjoyce
New suspension or spacers? was created by mattyjoyce
Hi guys,

I’m after your input on what to do I’ve got a pretty standard Jimny but running some A/T tyres.

I am wondering if I should go for new 2 inch lift kit
Or a 2 inch spring spacer kit?

What are pro’s and con’s for both?

Cheers
Matty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2020 22:32 #220340 by j999pre
Replied by j999pre on topic New suspension or spacers?
Spacers are ok if you just want height to fit tyres. They can affect ride quality.
Proper springs and shocks are better but more expensive. I sell 2" springs and shocks at £300

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

More
28 Mar 2020 06:44 #220345 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic New suspension or spacers?
Springs and shocks are the far better option to replace your tired ones. You'll likely see more than 2" as your old springs will have sagged.

Trail Master are said to be the best.

You'll have to decide if want castor correction bushes too once you've driven it.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
28 Mar 2020 11:47 #220355 by 300bhpton

mattyjoyce wrote: Hi guys,

I’m after your input on what to do I’ve got a pretty standard Jimny but running some A/T tyres.

I am wondering if I should go for new 2 inch lift kit
Or a 2 inch spring spacer kit?

What are pro’s and con’s for both?

Cheers
Matty

What are you wanting to achieve and use the vehicle for? For a tarmac daily driver spacers will work fine. It will ride and handle very similar to what it does now. Maybe slightly more roll due to the higher CoG.

However off road a spacer lift will generally diminish off road capability and cause you to lift a wheel off the ground easier and more often.

A proper suspension setup should enable you to get more suspension flex and travel. And a setup that is more supple to maximise the travel of the suspension. But it will cost more. And is likely to impact ride and handling. But can also improve these aspects too, depending on use.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds