BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Snorkel template!

• Evzlid
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Mar 2020 17:50 - 25 Mar 2020 17:52 #220261 by Evzlid
Snorkel template! was created by Evzlid
Hi guys, I’m new to the forum but have used it many times to help on my jimmy! Thanks for all your great advice throughout the forum! In these lockdown times I was going to try and fit my snorkel I have had for years but I don’t have a template! Does anyone have a copy of one or any advice for me!
Thanks in advance!
Andy
Last edit: 25 Mar 2020 17:52 by Evzlid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2020 17:56 #220262 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Snorkel template!
Can't help with template, but I assume different snorkels exist, so which make do you have?
This may help others or it's a daft question on my part.
Only advice is measure many times and cut once, especially as the template is unknown until it's fitted.
Good luck
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Evzlid
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Mar 2020 18:04 #220263 by Evzlid
Replied by Evzlid on topic Snorkel template!
Hi mike, thanks for the reply! It’s the long style type with Jimny on it! I’m mostly unsure of the position it would go! The pipe that connects to the air filter is angled making it a bit harder!
Thanks again!
Andy

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Mar 2020 22:37 #220269 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Snorkel template!
Haven't got the template any more, but I don't know if pictures of mine with measurements would be any good?
Sounds like it's the same as mine.

And welcome to the forum ;)

More
25 Mar 2020 23:55 - 25 Mar 2020 23:55 #220270 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Snorkel template!
How wierd and strange. Was in my garage earlier tonight and looked at my used tjm airtec snorkle, and googled a bit to try to find a template. Now a few hours later it is the freshest topic. Coincidence!

Anyways I only found the install description for the gen4 snorkel on my small phone screen, will look harder tomorrow for the gen3.

This is also a good idea:
www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/6-jimny...rkel-template#167581

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 25 Mar 2020 23:55 by yakuza.

More
26 Mar 2020 06:37 - 26 Mar 2020 06:37 #220272 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic Snorkel template!
A BIGJimny Welcome from the Cotswold Hills, Evzlid!

I'm with Scimike on this; measure umpteen times and cut once. Alas I can't help with a template either.
There are some other Jimny rescources you could try such as Facecrook or see if there are any templates to download from other companies although that won't neccessarily be helpful and could ultimately cause a mistake. Other than that it's probably going to be a lot of maths and dead-reckoning to get the hole right.

Did you ever have the template and mislaid it? If so - get searching! Good luck

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 26 Mar 2020 06:37 by Max Headroom.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Mar 2020 09:25 #220277 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Snorkel template!
Think it will be a case of making you own by covering the reverse of the snorkel with paper and trimming it out

More
26 Mar 2020 12:25 #220278 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Snorkel template!
I think Daniel30 is correct. I've had a Google (stuck at home) and not found any requests for templates that have been successful.
So making your own using the snorkel as the guide is probably the best option. Start with getting the large hole in the correct location and allow for a bit of adjustment, then use this as the marker for the fixing holes you have marked on your template. Take your time, measure twice, cut once and you will be fine. Paint the cut holes to prevent rust and you are snorkeling before you know it.:laugh:

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
26 Mar 2020 16:46 #220283 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Snorkel template!
Im sure I have a couple of these templates, Im off tomorrow so will dig it out and make a decent drawing for everyone ;-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
The following user(s) said Thank You: X8GGY

• Evzlid
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Mar 2020 17:44 #220288 by Evzlid
Thank you so much everyone for your reply’s! Great to finally be a member of this site! Riccy it would be amazing if you could do that and I will take everyone else’s advise and measure twice and drill once! Thanks again folks!
Andy

• Evzlid
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Mar 2020 17:46 #220289 by Evzlid
Thanks mate! I’m sure that would be a great help if it’s not to much trouble! Thanks for the welcome!
Andy

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
27 Mar 2020 16:29 #220327 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Snorkel template!
Here you go...

Its beyond my skills to create a CAD file of this, but maybe the measurements ive put on are enough to work from ?

Riccy

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds