BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Where to get mud tyres?

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
23 Mar 2020 17:05 #220190 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Where to get mud tyres?
Just ordered some wheels and tyres for a jimny based project today from 4x4tyres.co.uk.

I called them first and they confirmed that A) they are open for business, B) they fit & balance the tyres to the wheels if you order them together and C) delivery is around 2-3 days (pretty reasonable considering the circumstances).

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAGZOOK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2020 17:58 #220196 by Me and my Jimny
Cheers for the replies guys

I've not had a chance to call them yet, but camskill and 4x4tyres seem well recommended so will try them in the morning. I've seen a few options on their sites.

That's if I can get time amidst working from home and home schooling ;-)

Stay safe everyone

More
24 Mar 2020 14:33 #220214 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Where to get mud tyres?
MOTs for lorries, buses and trailers has been suspended and for cars and light vans it is under review. You might get an exemption for a few months.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
24 Mar 2020 14:42 #220216 by Me and my Jimny
OK, thanks to lamberts advice I've spoken to camskill today and ordered my tyres.

Hopefully in 2 days I will be able to take it in to get them changed and mot'd, but who knows

More
24 Mar 2020 16:42 - 24 Mar 2020 16:42 #220223 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic Where to get mud tyres?
I bought my tyres from Camskill, arrived late last week. They did have a slight delay with their supplier, but I don't know if that was related to the current situation or not.

Have bought from them before a few times. Probably need to give it a few days for them to process and dispatch. Then a day or so for delivery.

Last edit: 24 Mar 2020 16:42 by 300bhpton.

More
31 Mar 2020 07:35 #220491 by Me and my Jimny
Well camskill did deliver last week, so if anyone is looking for tyres in the future I would also say they are a place you can trust

And those maxxis are gonna look great on that gen 4

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds