BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Gen4 SZ4 Disappears!

More
09 Mar 2020 12:48 #219625 by Doctorchris
Has anyone else noticed that the Jimny SZ4 has disappeared from the official Suzuki website recently?
This does suggest that this variant is no longer being imported and backs up the rumours that both models will cease to be imported after this year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2020 13:45 #219630 by GeezerDan
Replied by GeezerDan on topic Gen4 SZ4 Disappears!
I received this from a Suzuki dealer today, I was hoping to have an SZ5 Jimny from them but lots of deposits already taken and I was lucky enough to say yes to an SZ4 from a different dealer:

I’m glad you managed to find a car. You’ve probably done the right thing, as the few cars allocated are accounted for. We are unlikely to be having any more, until Suzuki decide to bring the car in as a commercial vehicle (van).

More
09 Mar 2020 14:20 #219635 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Gen4 SZ4 Disappears!
Martin flagged up the fact that the SZ4 was being withdrawn from the UK market a few weeks ago. Only SZ5 models being imported to the UK in the future.

• JimnyJohn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2020 15:50 #219640 by JimnyJohn
Replied by JimnyJohn on topic Gen4 SZ4 Disappears!
Looks like the chances of getting my silver SZ4 have just slipped from very slim to zero! I wonder how long Suzuki will keep the SZ5 on their website, on the false pretence that you can actually order one? Let's hope the 'van' arrives soon.

More
09 Mar 2020 16:37 #219645 by No Stock Available

GeezerDan wrote: I received this from a Suzuki dealer today, I was hoping to have an SZ5 Jimny from them but lots of deposits already taken and I was lucky enough to say yes to an SZ4 from a different dealer:

I’m glad you managed to find a car. You’ve probably done the right thing, as the few cars allocated are accounted for. We are unlikely to be having any more, until Suzuki decide to bring the car in as a commercial vehicle (van).

No more SZ4 Coming into the country or SZ5 auto now.

• zebraman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Mar 2020 22:51 #219706 by zebraman
Replied by zebraman on topic Gen4 SZ4 Disappears!
The swift sport has vanished from the Suzuki site too :(

More
12 Mar 2020 15:44 #219769 by No Stock Available

zebraman wrote: The swift sport has vanished from the Suzuki site too :(

It will be back on soon, they are launching it with the 1.4 Boosterjet hybrid engine same as the Vitara and SX4 Scross.

More
12 Mar 2020 16:05 #219771 by Dan
Replied by Dan on topic Gen4 SZ4 Disappears!
That will teach me to read the thread! I thought you meant the SZ4 would be back with that engine! That would have been interesting!

The salesman I was dealing with said the petrol turbo engines weren't designed with the long term in mind.

• zebraman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Mar 2020 17:29 #219776 by zebraman
Replied by zebraman on topic Gen4 SZ4 Disappears!
I must say that I much prefer the 1.5na gen 4 engine over a small turbo. I love the linear power delivery and torque from low down in any gear. The engine braking is spot on too and best of all no stop start!

More
12 Mar 2020 21:41 #219787 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic Gen4 SZ4 Disappears!
The way Suzuki is pulling cars from the uk/European lines makes you think they may go the same way as Daihatsu cars which pulled out of the European markets altogether..

More
21 Mar 2020 21:27 #220138 by crash486
Replied by crash486 on topic Gen4 SZ4 Disappears!
Interesting how this small hybrid addition makes a big difference. Maybe what they could in the Jimny
SlashGear: The Suzuki Swift Sport Hybrid is a brilliant hot hatch.
www.slashgear.com/the-suzuki-swift-sport...-hot-hatch-20613876/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill Portland

More
22 Mar 2020 10:50 #220141 by cailean
Replied by cailean on topic Gen4 SZ4 Disappears!
The main difference is that it has slowed the car down, the SSS boys aren't happy.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds