BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Window auto down stopped working

More
07 Mar 2020 20:34 #219563 by 300bhpton
Hi. Anyone with a Gen 4 have the auto down/up on the drivers window stop working?

The window goes up and down normally, so long as you hold the switch. But the one touch down/up seems to have stopped working. It worked last week.

Vehicle was in at the dealers yesterday for a headlight alignment check and fitting of the rear view camera. And today the auto down window feature isn’t working. Wondering if something needs resetting?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 20:40 #219565 by Soeley
I think this happens when the battery has been disconnected. Fully wind the window down and then straight back up, I think that cures it (but might be having a flash back to my iQ) :dry:

More
07 Mar 2020 20:46 #219567 by 300bhpton

Soeley wrote: I think this happens when the battery has been disconnected. Fully wind the window down and then straight back up, I think that cures it (but might be having a flash back to my iQ) :dry:

Thanks. Will give it another go. Did wonder if the windows needed to be reset. So did try this with both the drivers and passengers window. But maybe I didn’t do it quick enough.

More
07 Mar 2020 21:25 #219571 by Soeley
I was nearly there, hold the button for 2 seconds when the window is closed.

From the manual.

Pinching prevention function (if equipped)
The driver's window is equipped with a pinching prevention function. This function detects a foreign object that is caught in the window as it is being closed by AUTOUP feature, which allows you to close the window without holding the window switch in UP position, and stops the window from closing to prevent damage. A. WARNING To avoid injuring an occupant by window entrapment, check that no part of the occupant's body such as hands or head is in the path of the electric window when closing it. This function may not detect an object due to the size, hardness, or position of the object being caught in the closing window.
A.CAUTION
The pinching prevention function does not operate while you are holding the window switch in UP position. The pinching prevention function may not detect an object caught in the window just before the window is fully closed.
NOTE: Even if you cannot close the window by the AUTO-UP feature because there may be something wrong with the pinching prevention function, you can close the window by holding the window switch in UP position. If you drive in extreme off-road condition, the pinching prevention function may operate accidentally because the window reacts to vehicle jolting.
Pinching prevention function initialization When you disconnect and reconnect the lead-acid battery or replace the fuse, the function will be deactivated. In this condition, the AUTO-DOWN feature will be deactivated, while the AUTO-UP feature may remain activated. The pinching prevention function needs to be initialized.
BEFORE DRIVING
To initialize the pinching prevention function, use the following procedure: 1) Turn the ignition switch to "ON" position. 2) Open the driver's window fully by holding the window switch in DOWN position. 3) Close the driver's window by holding the switch in UP position, and keep holding the switch for 2 seconds after the window is fully closed. 4) Check the driver's window to see if the AUTO-DOWN/UP feature works. A. WARNING Whenever you disconnect and reconnect the lead-acid battery or replace the fuse, the pinching prevention function needs to be initialized. The pinching prevention function will not be activated until the initialization is completed.
If the AUTO-DOWN/UP feature will not work after initialization, there might be something wrong with the pinching prevention function. Have your vehicle inspected by a SUZUKI dealer.

More
07 Mar 2020 21:27 #219572 by crash486
Happened to me. Friend reset the limits by
1) winding to bottom, hold for 3-5 seconds
2) wind to top, hold for 3-5
3) recycle power off to on

Should work.

More
08 Mar 2020 10:53 #219587 by 300bhpton
Thank you. Those institutions worked :) bet this catches a few people out in years to come.

More
14 Jul 2022 12:09 #244084 by saxj
Thanks. I had to replace the original battery a couple of weeks ago. I only noticed the auto up down wasn't working at a toll gate.
It's working again now.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds