BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Ferrari (mis) fortunes!

More
05 Mar 2020 23:24 #219450 by kirkynut
There is a railway bridge round the corner to where I live with a dip under it that floods when it's rained all day, as it has every day for over a week here.

On my way home just now I came across a black Ferrari in the water with its bonnet up.

The water only came about half way up my wheel, so to us it's a puddle but to Ferrari it is well above the air intake on the sides. So I fancy he has hydraulic'd his engine. The air scoops on the sides looked like they'd just scoop the water up.

Looking at Google images, I think it was a 355.

I hope for him that it's just water on a sensor buf I fear the worst.

The front was out of the water but the rear was in the deepest part, so it must have stopped dead.

I've no photos as it was dark and I don't suppose he would have been too enamored with me taking photos of his misfortune!

The Police had just arrived on the other side to block the road and I offered to take them back through to put cones etc out on the other side but they declined. They said that the AA were enroute, so I left them to recover it as the front was out of the water.

Poor bloke but you have to wonder what he was thinking!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2020 06:28 #219455 by Max Headroom
I often see people with nice cars

...that have no clue how to drive! :dry:

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
06 Mar 2020 07:06 #219457 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Ferrari (mis) fortunes!
Of course you are going to take your pride and joy Italian sports car outside in winter. No sympathy.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Mar 2020 07:20 #219458 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Ferrari (mis) fortunes!
Did you stop in the water, wind your window down and wink at him smugly :evil: :evil: :evil: :whistle:

More
06 Mar 2020 13:34 #219485 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Ferrari (mis) fortunes!

Daniel30 wrote: Did you stop in the water, wind your window down and wink at him smugly :evil: :evil: :evil: :whistle:

He had got out and was stood further up the road with the owner of a van that I've subsequently learnt had clipped the Ferrari as it tried to squeeze by!

So I didn't get to speak to him as I wasn't aware who was who or where they were until I was passing through the water and spoke to the Police Officers.

I would not have been that cruel but not only did he ruin his Ferrari's engine but someone clipped it with a van too! That's a bad day in my book!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Mar 2020 13:51 #219489 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Ferrari (mis) fortunes!
Yeah give you that, that's a bad day!!! ;)

More
06 Mar 2020 20:26 #219513 by Keithy
Replied by Keithy on topic Ferrari (mis) fortunes!
Oh my...that's tragic....was the van ok?

More
06 Mar 2020 21:16 #219515 by Max Headroom
LMAO :laugh:

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds