BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Gen4 rear gull wing windows.

More
01 Mar 2020 16:01 #219247 by OctaneJimny
Hi All.

Has anyone had any experience with these chaps? Very interested in their rear gull wing windows for camping. What a brilliant idea. Would they be easy to fit? I've attached in image and a link to their site incase anyone wanted to look. They also do sliding windows and window guards.

explore-glazing.nl/en/products/suzuki-jimny-gj

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2020 17:05 #219248 by Scimike
I like those, had a good look at the photos, both G4 and G3 variant.
No direct experience, but the rear windows in the G3 are bonded (glued in), I assume the G4 is the same. The construction of them appears to be sliding / opening window within a frame the same dimensions as the original window. This suggests they are bonded onto the vehicle, so it's maybe something for a professional window firm to fit.
Not saying it can't be done DIY, but I've only ever fitted old style rubber surrounded windows, not glued.
Just my observation, like them a lot though, nice find.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
01 Mar 2020 18:27 - 01 Mar 2020 18:29 #219253 by Max Headroom
Those look awesome, but I wonder how much vision they diminish on the rear quarters? My convertible is a pig in some situations for the same reason,

I'd be tempted to consider polyeurethane adhesive for those - it's used by the kit-car crowd a lot for bonding and sealing - I've used THIS STUFF on my vintage car. It does what it says.

THIS ONE even says to use it for windows ;)
I have the slight impression this one gives a slightly stronger bond, but the other one on Amazon is cheaper

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 01 Mar 2020 18:29 by Max Headroom.

More
01 Mar 2020 18:47 #219254 by OctaneJimny
Thanks guys. If they are glued in I think I'd definitely have them fitted professionally especially with something like this which has to be super watertight. I'd go for the window versions rather than the aluminium for the visibility problem you speak of. Also let light in when camping in the Jim. I may email a few companies tomorrow in regards to fitting and I can keep this thread updated with any responses.

The more I look the more I would like them!

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds