BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Gen4 dash storage tray

• Grima
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Mar 2020 13:31 #219242 by Grima
Gen4 dash storage tray was created by Grima
Hi, Gen4 dash storage tray I've seen one on Ebay under £7. Anybody fitted one? Are they cheap tat or useful & look good? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2020 15:54 #219246 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic Gen4 dash storage tray
Have ordered one. Not 100% convinced, but thought for £6-7 it was worth a punt. I see a UK Jimny store is selling them as something like £25-35, which appear to be exactly the same.

More
03 Mar 2020 11:23 #219320 by Chappo
Replied by Chappo on topic Gen4 dash storage tray
Hi, got one because of lack of storage, not actually used it yet might be handy for sunglasses one day!

More
04 Mar 2020 11:37 #219367 by RumbleAndSway
Bought one somewhere for £25. Very expensive for what it is but great for mobile phone. Surprised by the quality and texture of the plastic. Better than I expected. At £7 a strong recommendation. I use mine every trip.

Also bought the door handle pocket storage - again good quality.

Grab handle storage pockets - poor. Don’t fit flush and will probably remove them.

Rear boot mat from Suzuki - very good - rear seat belts need to be pinned back but again a quality item.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grima

• Grima
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Mar 2020 21:47 #219393 by Grima
Replied by Grima on topic Gen4 dash storage tray
£7 tray coming my way, thanks

• Beaverhausen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Mar 2020 13:17 #219482 by Beaverhausen
Replied by Beaverhausen on topic Gen4 dash storage tray
I find the inability to control Android Auto while driving ABOMINABLE.

So the tray is a lifesaver, as I prop my phone on it and use Waze from there.

Annoying it also means I have to control Spotify on the phone and connect to the car via Bluetooth.

But OH how much easier is it to use Android Apps on phones rather than Android Auto.

You won't regret it.

More
06 Mar 2020 20:23 #219512 by Bill Portland
What difficulty do you have with AA? Don't you just talk to it?

• Grima
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Mar 2020 21:08 #219514 by Grima
I'm 55 & thick, AA works fine for me. young pups should piss it ??
Hey google phone Billy Bob, Hey google navigate to m123ab, Hey google open spotify play my list.

More
06 Mar 2020 22:18 - 06 Mar 2020 22:19 #219520 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Gen4 dash storage tray
Why do you even need android auto?

If I want to voice dial a random number there is a tab on the steering wheel that activates a "voice ignoring" mode- the only command it recognises 100% is "cancel" :laugh:
If I want to go somewhere I activate the inbuilt satnav, as long as the wireless is on smooth fm it does live traffic
If I want to have intermittent radio reception I select the DABs,
If I want reliable radio I select FM
If I can't bear the DJ on FM I select AUX and play a USB stick.

If I want to run the battery down on my google spy device 'phone I can use bluetooth audio.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Last edit: 06 Mar 2020 22:19 by facade.

More
06 Mar 2020 22:49 #219522 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic Gen4 dash storage tray
Google maps if far superior to the built in nav.

Can’t comment for Android Auto. But Apple CarPlay is super easy to use. Just like your phone but on the screen in the car.

Also much prefer DAB. So much better choice of radio stations. Reception is generally fine too. But it is dependent on the station and where you are in the country. Having now had these FM and old style SatNavs feel like a massive backwards step. And not in a good retro way.

• Grima
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Mar 2020 23:58 #219524 by Grima
Façade, London calling Jerry took a took a jolly good hammering last night. 12 stukers & 14 junkers u88's shot down, buy those brave boys in spitfires. Even TV is now in colour. If you don't like new teck don't use it. But I bet you have a mobile phone? so they can still track & listen to you all the time.

More
07 Mar 2020 07:03 #219530 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Gen4 dash storage tray

Grima wrote: But I bet you have a mobile phone? so they can still track & listen to you all the time.

Yes I have a Google spy device. I am not happy that every step I take carrying it is reported to google who then sell the intel.

I took it with me when I went panic buying last week, and google asked me how my trip to Farm Foods was. :ohmy:

I may start leaving it at home, with call forwarding to my £5 burn 'phone. B)

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds