BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

How many miles to a tank? Gen 4

• Beaverhausen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Mar 2020 18:47 #219864 by Beaverhausen
Replied by Beaverhausen on topic How many miles to a tank? Gen 4
How do you add Fuelly?

I drive between Weston super Mare and Bristol, and average 52mpg. It's mostly between 30-40mph with the odd 50mph and a climb up to Clifton at the end.

70mph on the motorway though.... 33-35mpg if I'm lucky.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2020 21:08 #219867 by GeezerDan
Took these earlier, showing 45.7.
Attachments:

More
14 Mar 2020 21:21 #219868 by Bill Portland
To be fair, it's easy to get it to show 99.9mpg. It's the long term (true) average that's important.
Just filled up earlier and it's showing a range of 343, I'm not sure what it uses as the basis for its calculation.
Attachments:

More
08 Apr 2020 09:51 #220808 by Bill Portland
i'm currently getting about 3 weeks to a gallon. That should help sort suzuki's emission problems out!

• zebraman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Apr 2020 16:28 #220817 by zebraman
Replied by zebraman on topic How many miles to a tank? Gen 4
Hahahaha same!

Tbh I I don't miss going out or football or anything but I do miss being able to drive the Jimny.

More
09 Apr 2020 18:41 #220866 by DAGZOOK

Beaverhausen wrote: How do you add Fuelly?

I drive between Weston super Mare and Bristol, and average 52mpg. It's mostly between 30-40mph with the odd 50mph and a climb up to Clifton at the end.

70mph on the motorway though.... 33-35mpg if I'm lucky.

Beaverhausen I do that same route every day! how have I not seen another gen.4 :P I get around 39mpg on that stretch of motorway (I'm driving to filton everyday). I don't tend to push the Jimny beyond 65+ cruise control on, old man speeds! not that the old girl can't cope with 70+ miles an hour, It's just a more relaxing/quieter drive. The route is usually to busy to average anymore than that anyway.. although at the moment being classed as an 'essential worker' I'm the only one on the road :woohoo:

• Beaverhausen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Apr 2020 18:44 #220867 by Beaverhausen
I'll look out for you!
I'm a cheapskate though (and only need to get to Clifton) so I stick to Congresbury/Long Ashton bypass route.
Not that murderously expensive M5 :-D

• Beaverhausen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 May 2020 16:28 #222491 by Beaverhausen
for a clunky 5-speed manual I'm actually learning to be happy with the fuel consumption.

Especially now the price of petrol had gone down to 99.7p/litre!

But seriously.... getting approx 43mpg when on my new version Smart For two I'd get 47mpg.... I'm ok with that.

More
18 May 2020 17:33 #222498 by Soeley

GeorgeC wrote: As the car came full, the second top up in 16 months happened yesterday! (98RON @ $1.10 Litre)

Considering my driving is mainly local, at 40/50/60 kph, consumption is not good, however a recent visit to the Service Department consumed 3/10 of a tankful when testing the charging system for a fault. I must now get used to the fuel gauge in tenths, rather than in quarters, as has been my custom for 55 years of driving.

For those that follow the numbers, Seniors Jimny's consumption is now available on Fuelly!

George the fuel gauge my be in 10 blocks/divisions but they are not all equal, so don't expect to get the same miles per block.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 May 2020 18:10 #222599 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic How many miles to a tank? Gen 4
Im getting slightly worried about my MPG. Weight wise i am just under GVM, but since lockdown i have been doing very little driving, I am classed as a key worker, and have occastionly drived to our offices in cov some 20 miles away.

I also took my battery out to fit the winch (post to follow shortly) and now i am getting a wallet crunching ......

Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
20 May 2020 19:22 #222604 by Lambert
You have no idea how happy that picture makes me feel. Having been tooling around in the grand vitara 2.4 I have been playing the mpg game all lockdown and the big beast is showing high 23 to low 24 mpg on the dashboard and that is driving like a granddad. I'm so happy someone is showing less!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 May 2020 20:07 #222607 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic How many miles to a tank? Gen 4

Lambert wrote: You have no idea how happy that picture makes me feel. Having been tooling around in the grand vitara 2.4 I have been playing the mpg game all lockdown and the big beast is showing high 23 to low 24 mpg on the dashboard and that is driving like a granddad. I'm so happy someone is showing less!

I am happy to make you happy through my unhappy'ness. :lol:

Ive always found with the gen 4, that once MPG falls, because of say a short journey, or via fitting a roofrack, or just adding a bit more kit (jack etc) that it NEVER, EVER seems to go back up, not even by a 0.1. Even if i shed some weight, nothing...not a sausage.

Anyways...glad i cheered ye up my lord :) :silly: :)

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds