BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

How many miles to a tank? Gen 4

More
23 Feb 2020 23:55 #218980 by 300bhpton
Curious how many miles you guys are getting between fill-ups?

I'm not 100% sure what size the Jimny's tank is, it must be in the manual I'm sure. But think I missed it when looking. Found a New Zealand site saying 40 litres (just under 8.9 gallons).

Anyone know at what point the orange fuel light appears and how much fuel capacity is left at this point?

The Range on the on-screen display didn't seem to want to play ball towards the end of the tank. Said over 50 miles remaining, but somehow dropped about 25 miles range over the next 5 miles. Eventually had it a reading 22 miles range but within 3 or 4 miles the orange light came on and at this point the Range went to reading three dashes ---

Drove a little further and had just under 270 miles on the trip. But only managed to only squeeze in just under 31 litres of fuel. on this basis it should have easily done 300 miles with fuel to spare (works out as 40.8mpg, was showing 39mpg on the gauge).

Not wanting to run it dry, but assuming if you don't push your luck, on a tank of this size I'd hope to be able to use 8 gallons, leaving 0.9 in the tank.

Giving a 280 mile range at 35mpg and 312 miles at 39mpg. Both with just under a gallon to spare.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• B3Hulk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Feb 2020 04:20 - 24 Feb 2020 04:21 #218981 by B3Hulk
Replied by B3Hulk on topic How many miles to a tank? Gen 4
My experience, the range indicator is pretty off. Drive country and city driving and, in both cases, my range was always more than what was indicated. I have the AU Jimny and I don't think there is anything different in fuel capacity. (I have attached the brochure)

I did 502kms before I had to pull over and fill up.

I had the Fuel light on for approx. 65kms. I didn't want to risk going any further so I filled up. I didn't feel any hesitation or spatter so I am assuming it could of gone for another 20kms.
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Feb 2020 04:21 by B3Hulk.

• Beaverhausen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Feb 2020 07:58 #218988 by Beaverhausen
Replied by Beaverhausen on topic How many miles to a tank? Gen 4
Similar results - light on, filled up 8 miles later (brim to brim)
32.42 litres, 281.5 miles, 39.5mpg
40 litre tank.
So should have had a comfortable 1.5 gallons remaining = 59 miles.

More
24 Feb 2020 08:17 - 24 Feb 2020 08:19 #218990 by Bill Portland
www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/6-jimny...4876-gen4-fuel-guage
Some earlier discussion here suggests there's plenty in reserve when fuel light comes on
Last edit: 24 Feb 2020 08:19 by Bill Portland.

More
24 Feb 2020 09:55 #218997 by saxj
The tank size is 40l. There is around 6l left in the tank when the light comes on. I get around 190 - 220 miles to a tank full (38l).

More
24 Feb 2020 10:29 #218999 by mikemike39
seems to need fuel often (tank small so not expensive) and beeps at you for lots of things. Otherwise fantastic.

More
24 Feb 2020 10:45 #219000 by saxj

mikemike39 wrote: seems to need fuel often (tank small so not expensive) and beeps at you for lots of things. Otherwise fantastic.

I've disabled the door ajar beeper and the seatbelt beeper. The rest I can live with.

More
24 Feb 2020 12:24 #219001 by Soeley
On average my light comes on at 275 miles, I will take it another 60 before filling up. Normal is 42mpg.

• Royal
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Feb 2020 13:50 #219007 by Royal
Replied by Royal on topic How many miles to a tank? Gen 4

saxj wrote:

mikemike39 wrote: seems to need fuel often (tank small so not expensive) and beeps at you for lots of things. Otherwise fantastic.

I've disabled the door ajar beeper and the seatbelt beeper. The rest I can live with.

how did you do this? this would be useful as i sometimes put things on the seat which set the beeper off...

More
25 Feb 2020 06:44 #219041 by saxj

Royal wrote:

saxj wrote:

how did you do this? this would be useful as i sometimes put things on the seat which set the beeper off...

Under the seat there will be 2 plugs (if you have seat heaters, otherwise one). Figure out which plug is which and unplug the one for the seatbelt reminder.

More
25 Feb 2020 20:47 - 26 Feb 2020 00:54 #219074 by crash486
If you get very keen you can wait till the last fuel bar flashes but make sure the service station isn't too far away.
I've used SZviewer to see what the ECU thinks it has and so far not been able to get to 100% full on a fill. Each bar does represent 10% of fuel capacity till you get to the last one but it seems to be based on your current fuel usage so I have had a fuel bar re-illuminate as consumption improved.
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Feb 2020 00:54 by crash486.

More
27 Feb 2020 07:31 #219142 by Bosanek
www.spritmonitor.de/

Driver-contributed database of average fuel consumption for each vehicle model.

Use and contribute.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds