BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

How many miles to a tank? Gen 4

More
16 Dec 2020 14:57 #230930 by Dan
Replied by Dan on topic How many miles to a tank? Gen 4
Its not the lesser size of fuel tank that I have difficulty with rather than the gauge,

When the fuel light started flashing I filled it up and actually had six litres left, and as the gauge is in graduations of 10% that is clearly more than 10%

Add to that I did 19 miles and lost the first bar on the gauge.

Its not a great system, but is better than any of the rental vauxhalls I've had that have read full for 100's of miles and then drained to empty remarkably quickly!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2020 20:54 #230937 by crash486
If you discount the 5 litre reserve, does the 10% approximation work?

crash486 JB74W

More
17 Dec 2020 12:52 #230964 by Dan
If you were to divide the 35L / 9 segments on the gauge that would give you 3.8L per segment.
Say I'm getting 10 miles per litre for easy maths, my first bar should have dropped off at 38 miles or so, not the 19 that it did yesterday.

When I started driving I used to fill up and set the odometer to zero then fill up after 250 miles.
But this is an newly launched vehicle, so you shouldn't really have to second guess the fuel gauge!

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds