BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

LED Headlights

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Feb 2020 19:25 #218841 by Grima
Replied by Grima on topic LED Headlights
I thought the self adjusting headlight thing? was near the back axel (adjusts to weight in rear) maybe you can do it there. You seem to have a gift for this sort of job.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2020 20:43 #218850 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic LED Headlights
The rear axle adjuster is just to compensate for various weight loads in the rear. You still have to set the correct datum which is achieved with the actual headlight adjusters.

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Feb 2020 20:58 #218853 by Grima
That's my point, if Suzuki dealers setting is to high & you keep getting flashed it must be easier to fool the car so that it thinks it has weight in back. So it lowers the head lights rather than pissing about with a screwdriver behind the head lights.

More
21 Feb 2020 21:42 #218856 by Soeley
It is just a fixed bar from the axle to the sensor. If it was like an adjustable tie-rod then yes maybe, but the headlight adjusters are not that hard to reach.

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Feb 2020 21:56 #218858 by Grima
just a thought as lift kits supply a bracket to correct the head light setting, so something should move up or down.

More
12 Mar 2020 23:23 #219801 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic LED Headlights
Thought I'd feedback. I took my Jimny to the dealer and got the headlights alignment checked. They were out. Seems headlight alignment isn't part of the normal checks when a new vehicle leaves the dealership and is often done prior to arriving at the dealers.

Either way, it seemed to have slipped the net. With others saying they are being flashed, I would urge you to get them checked. Since having mine done I have not been flashed at all. And have done a fair bit of night driving.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

More
13 Mar 2020 21:53 #219844 by Soeley
I had the exact same issue.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds