BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Truck cab conversions

More
16 Feb 2020 07:34 #218576 by sniper
Truck cab conversions was created by sniper
I recently found some rust on my car and decided to take it to a local bodyshop that I had seen advertising a Jimny pick up for sale. It's quite a machine. Extended by 300mm with a 90" wheelbase, it drives amazingly well for a Jimny.

The quality and depth of the refurb was total.... Everything reconditioned or new, apart from the low milage full history engine which purrs. Parts cost in excess of £6500.

The truck was finished in 2018 and Terry couldn't make a deal he was happy with, despite being offered 12.5k. He loved the car so much once finished, that he kept it as a shop truck.

Now for sale on eBay for £10,750.00 having done only 5000 miles since built and still in all but new condition. Absolutely mint...... proper body shop finish and all the strength welded back in to the cab following the conversion. Search "Jimny pick up" on eBay.

In addition and not for sale publicly is another part finished car.......

The "red one" is an 05' VVT which has had the tub converted and the bed fabricated, all the serious fabrication completed. It needs some repair around the headlights completing and reassembly. It does have a noisey bearing in the gearbox. For sale "as is" at £4700 for you to finish. Full completion and painting can be discussed, at additional cost.

Truck cab conversions start at £2000 for the cut and shut with no rust repair. That is a body shell delivered and the fabrication work and strengthening completed only. No paint and no rust repairs.

I thought you guys might be interested in a bodyshop that knows the cars, the quality of Terry's work is second to none. Fully insurance approved and the winner of custom awards, a proper tradesman.

Terry Lofley 01623 742292. He is a small business and very busy, he is happy to talk to those who have serious enquires. Based NG20.

Good news is that anybody mentioning the forum will receive a discount on the purchase of the cars above or any bodyshop works. Any business that Terry gets through the forum will get a donation to the site.

sniper
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2020 12:20 #218594 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic Truck cab conversions
Some more pictures, forgive me..... it's a weakness.

These are all the green truck, what a build...

sniper

More
16 Feb 2020 12:50 #218597 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Truck cab conversions
It does look good!

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
16 Feb 2020 16:50 #218604 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Truck cab conversions
Very nice B)

Whens yours arriving then Sniper?! :silly:

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
16 Feb 2020 17:28 #218608 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic Truck cab conversions
I love that grey-green colour!

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
16 Feb 2020 19:13 #218615 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Truck cab conversions
I like the colour too
But more intrigued by the rear shock bottoms
Relocation device

More
17 Feb 2020 07:06 #218643 by sniper

Riccy wrote: Very nice B)

Whens yours arriving then Sniper?! :silly:

It goes in on the 23rd of March for repair, the closest I'll get is maybe blagging the green one as a courtesy car...... lol

sniper

More
17 Feb 2020 07:11 #218644 by sniper

jackonlyjack wrote: I like the colour too
But more intrigued by the rear shock bottoms
Relocation device

Next time your passing Jack, drop round and I'll take you over to see it. I think it's the "X-Shock Dakar" 3" lift kit.

sniper

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds