BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Another gen4 noob

• JurassicJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Feb 2020 17:04 #218503 by JurassicJimny
Replied by JurassicJimny on topic Another gen4 noob

zebraman wrote: Oh man those decals are superb!

I really want a side stripe like that. Did you have it custom made?

Yep it was made and applied by a firm fairly local to me called custom coats. I literally sent them the PDF of the logo, text and numbers ( found them from a Jurassic park fan site that has all the correct logos for the jeeps, the g wagen and the explorers including sizes) they took the colour of the rear numbers (as that's the correct shade of blue) so it matched and then made the stripe from scratch using photos of the G wagon in the film as reference.

I also had assistance from a french owner that had done the same, but with a small logo, that had made a full blueprint of measurements when he got his done.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2020 09:54 #218516 by GeezerDan
Replied by GeezerDan on topic Another gen4 noob
I'm brand new to owning a Jimny and I have the SZ4 in white too. I also went for the parking sensors and had mats and the rear storage box. I found the large rear rubber mat on the Suzuki eBay shop for £50 and free postage.

Did you have the dealer to do the wind deflectors and is the privacy glass a factory fit or tint? I've had a quote for £100 to tint the rear by a company that's been tinting for Audi main dealer for 20 years, so going to get that done soon. Not sure on a 20% or 5% tint yet.

• zebraman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Feb 2020 10:42 - 15 Feb 2020 10:43 #218519 by zebraman
Replied by zebraman on topic Another gen4 noob
@jurassicjimny omg! I guess that's why your car looks so funky. That is a lot of effort but well worth it judging by the results. When I showed it to my kid he said "why doesn't yours look like that" lol

@geezerdan the dealer did the tints and cost just shy of 200 notes so if you can get them done for 100 you're on to a winner. 20% as 5% would I feel make the cabin a bit dark on the inside.

I bought an official wheel cover from a dealer on eBay and recently got some defoggers from Jimny style. These are well worth it and cover up the exposed rear window heater wires.

I've ordered a cupholder but Corona virus is delaying delivery from China gulp!

Ooh and have a bonnet protector from an eBay seller but yet to fit it.
Last edit: 15 Feb 2020 10:43 by zebraman.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Feb 2020 11:16 #218521 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Another gen4 noob

Lambert wrote: Every day is a school day, eh Andy?

Indeed it is my lord, indeed it is :cheer: :cheer:

More
15 Feb 2020 11:51 #218522 by GeezerDan
Replied by GeezerDan on topic Another gen4 noob
@zebraman Thanks for the tip on the tints. I've got the defogger covers too, I haven't fitted them yet, I'll do it after the tints I think.

Any thoughts on upgrading the head unit to a touchscreen and adding rear speakers?

• JurassicJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Feb 2020 13:58 #218529 by JurassicJimny
Replied by JurassicJimny on topic Another gen4 noob
@GeezerDan For my tints i went with 15% and the firm that did mine charged £85 plus it was the 3rd gen 4 they had done, took about 20 minutes. They admitted the Jimny is pretty much the easiest to do the tints on as the windows are large and square plus the edges are easy to cut for.
I've also got the defogger covers on order now and have been toying with getting a replacement headunit either aftermarket or off like a 2017 swift from a scrapyard (like the wiper stalks, which i'm still debating) I've also got the boot storage box from the sz5 fitted on mine so mine is slowly becoming an sz5 :laugh:
From what i've found out so far the only bits that wont be possible are things like the heated seats (unless someone has discovered the seats are the same and all that's needed is the switch on centre console) leather steering wheel and off course the climate control. Though not 100% on if the headlights can be fitted given what fitting the Led tail lights was like for me.

@zebraman Cheers i do nearly cause a few accidents :laugh: by people looking and realising what it is, a lot have to double take on it. I even had someone come up to me in a car park and asked me for a photo of the car for their son. Though i really want to see the actual Jurassic park jeep replica that is close to me. I've seen it when i've been in the works van but not in the Jimny.
Though taking my Jimny to the new defender event in the livery caused a stir even to the point of having salesman coming out and having a word with me................about how cool the Jimny was and to have a look at it for themselves as it's rarer then a Bugatti. :woohoo: Im thinking about doing a full wrap into the marine concept once the JW Livery has been on a while.

More
15 Feb 2020 14:09 #218530 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Another gen4 noob
The seats have the heaters built in so you can only add Suzuki heaters by changing the seats. You can, of course, add after market heating pads as the covers can be removed.

Based on the fitting kit that comes with the armrests, which describes itself as a Jimny VI and Ignis II (2016+) fitting kit. It could be implied that the Ignis seats are the same ( but I am not guaranteeing that)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: GeezerDan

• zebraman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Feb 2020 16:26 #218537 by zebraman
Replied by zebraman on topic Re:Another gen4 noob
Lol I really got screwed on the tints but bah I guess the dealer needed to make something in it and anyway the car is great.

I'd had a head unit in mind but I quite like the one in there and it doesn't sound too bad. It also pairs with my phone well and Android auto app works nicely too. It needs new front and rear speakers urgently.

The car came with 28psi in the tyres and I knocked them down to 26 as per the sticker buy I'm not sure it was a good idea. The car feels more bouncy and seems to roll more in corners. Am I going crazy?

More
16 Feb 2020 17:23 #218606 by GeezerDan
Replied by GeezerDan on topic Re:Another gen4 noob
How does Android auto work with the head unit as it's not a touch screen display? Do you just have the Google maps sound coming through the car speakers via Bluetooth?

More
16 Feb 2020 17:44 #218610 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Re:Another gen4 noob
I may be totally wrong, but I thought the Android Auto was only on the SZ5 infotainment system?

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Feb 2020 18:43 #218614 by Grima
Replied by Grima on topic Re:Another gen4 noob
I think were talking Bluetooth pairing, phone to car. In my last LR you could get maps audio, But if the phone auto linked with the car you had no audio even from your phone when using maps. Confusing ????

More
16 Feb 2020 20:01 #218619 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Re:Another gen4 noob
Android auto only works with the SZ5- which already has a kind of navigation.
I've never tried it as you have to plug a wire into the phone AFAIK, it won't work by bluetooth.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds