BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New engine

• Olliecarr25
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jan 2020 21:42 #217626 by Olliecarr25
New engine was created by Olliecarr25
Hi there I have a 2002 Suzuki jimny M13A non vvt with 50k on the clock and the big end has just gone and think my best option is to buy a new engine for it dose anyone no off any good places to get one maybe a rebuilt one? And dose it have to be exactly the same engine that was in it? Thanks in advance
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2020 22:26 #217627 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic New engine
You do need the same engine code as it has the ECU and engine loom for it, the gearbox etc.

If you can find one, a M16A will also fit with some bits swapped from your dead old engine but I don't profess to know which. There's been a few posts on it though.

The power of the bigger engine will make the car more usable, especially off road but it will use more fuel.

As for places to get another M13A, there's a few people on here and some Bookface pages who sell parts, including engines. James Priestley is a reliable chap. Can someone recall his username on here or are you reading this James?

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
The following user(s) said Thank You: Olliecarr25

More
23 Jan 2020 22:46 #217632 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic New engine
Engine prices from breakers vary greatly here in Norway even though m13, m15 and m16 engines are mostly the same on all suzukis and in some markets Mazda and subaru.
However you should not try to fit a VVT in a non VVT car as the wiring will be troublesome.
Must be period correct for less hassle.

For me the Liana engine was half price of the other ones due to supply and demand.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Olliecarr25

More
24 Jan 2020 08:48 #217640 by Keithy
Replied by Keithy on topic New engine
Straight to an M16A....you don't have to work it as hard as a 1.3

I think Gary has a Liana M16A engine for sale.

James has a late model M16A VVT

Plenty of info on what has to be swapped over on here.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
24 Jan 2020 09:51 #217641 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic New engine
Agree that the m16a is the way forward. It's essentially a long block swap and quite straightforward if you take you time and read up on the process before you start.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
27 Jan 2020 09:53 #217732 by safari
Replied by safari on topic New engine
i need to ask a few questions on the liana engine
is it 13 hp or more and also regarding papers do u use the engine num you have or of the liana
tks

if u worry u die if u dont worry u still die so why worry

More
27 Jan 2020 10:22 #217733 by jackonlyjack

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds