BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Good evening, and Good Bye...

• X8GGY
  • X8GGY's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • but currently AWOL
More
30 Dec 2019 20:57 - 30 Dec 2019 20:59 #216847 by X8GGY
Weird day... there's been some bickering on facebook and in our "little group's" WhatsApp group discussion thread, combined with my realisation that I can't survive financially and do this great hobby of ours without selling some 'Bits' on the side to support my hobby (obsession) ... and with some new products I've recently listed "standing on Martin's toes". I've reluctantly decided I won't be as welcome on here as in past times, so it's time to call it a day for the New Year and wander off...

The buggy will continue as and when I have time and spare finances.. but won't be posted anywhere...

I'll continue to greenlane with my mates, and without them on occasions too...

I'll continue as ZookBOB to fund my obsession / hobby...

So, can I take this opportunity to wish you all a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year and wish you "TaRa for now"... ;)

Dave :kiss:
Last edit: 30 Dec 2019 20:59 by X8GGY.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2019 21:02 #216849 by jackonlyjack
Sorry to read this Dave
Happy new year to you too
I'm sure i will see you in 2020 :)

More
30 Dec 2019 21:22 #216852 by sniper
See you on the lanes mate, will miss your updates.....

sniper

More
31 Dec 2019 00:55 #216855 by zukebob
As I am sure is true of all members here, I will miss your contributions. I have always enjoyed watching your progress on the projects that you have kindly shared.

Happy New Year. Good luck and stay well.

Bob

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
31 Dec 2019 05:10 #216857 by Lambert
Oh. Well that sucks. You will be missed. I could have sworn that the internet was big enough for all of us though.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
31 Dec 2019 10:13 #216862 by mlines
Dave,

You do not have to do this on my behalf. You are the only trader who has generously contributed financially to keeping the website running over the years and are always welcome here. As Lambert says, there is room for more than one, particularly as I have stopped using Ebay due to the continuing escalating fees and you are focussing there.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Dec 2019 13:37 #216863 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic Good evening, and Good Bye...
I'm guessing this forum has given you great pleasure over the years and far from being just a place to shift bits and pieces. Social media can be a nasty place but luckily far more people mean you well than not. Don't let a bit of bickering spoil your enjoyment of your chosen hobby, stuff 'em.
May I take this opportunity to wish you and yours all the best for the New Year.
Chris

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jan 2020 13:43 #216882 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Good evening, and Good Bye...
Life's to short mate don't go, get back on here and carry on with the threads I personally enjoy them and I think it brings people to the forum etc and into the world of 4x4 with the jimny, upto people's personal preferences where they buy there parts from.....

More
01 Jan 2020 15:50 #216887 by Scimike
Also got to say I enjoy your build threads etc so sorry you feel the need to cut us off. I deleted Facebook and any other forms of social media, mainly as I got fed up of the "my life's better than yours" feel of these places. You may guess I am over a certain age as I can happily live without these modern forms of torture, but I do find the old-fashioned forums a much more pleasant environment.
Sad to see you go, but you gotta do what you need to do.
Good luck
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
01 Jan 2020 17:09 #216890 by Fossie
All I can do is echo the other comments , I've only been on here for about a year now, but have read through some of the threads , and advice offered .
As has been said the instant social media accounts cause more harm than good generally because it tends to need instant gratification or one up man ship .....if of course the reply in actually on topic!
I run a club for the Suzuki Katana 80's bikes .....our forum is like this one you get Good advice from enthusiasts with knowledge, some times your told your a muppet but that is because it's in context...
There is a FB page run by a club member but the visitors generally just want to to brag and generally don't turn up to events .
So my point is if you need time away ...that's what's needed, but don't be a stranger,
A club which this forum is ....is only as good as its members .
See you soon.

More
01 Jan 2020 23:14 - 01 Jan 2020 23:14 #216909 by Gadget

S200KYS wrote: I've reluctantly decided I won't be as welcome on here as in past times, so it's time to call it a day for the New Year and wander off.:

Without knowing anything about the situation, from this thread it feels like you may have added 2+2 and come up with 5. Why have you decided you won't be as welcome? Doesn't make any sense to me :huh:
Last edit: 01 Jan 2020 23:14 by Gadget.

• X8GGY
  • X8GGY's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • but currently AWOL
More
08 Jan 2020 15:56 #217106 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic Good evening, and Good Bye...
Sorry, I'm back... sort of...

I had a hissy fit the other day, but behind it all is the realisation that it is indeed time to call it a day...

My ongoing health problems, especially my eyesight, mean I'm selling my toys... I'll link them in the for sale section, so if you know anyone that's after a nice gold daily driver or a battered and bruised blue greenlaner, please point them in my direction...

Dave :(

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds