BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Value of used headlamps

More
03 Dec 2019 21:13 #216222 by Bosanek
How much is the realistic price for a pair of used Jimny 3 headlamps in good condition?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2019 22:11 - 03 Dec 2019 22:12 #216225 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Value of used headlamps
They appear to hold their price, I assume due to the fact that they can crack with age. Average when I have looked is £60 ish each, so £100 -£120 for a pair.
As to condition it's difficult to say, seen lamps off a new model (less than 5 years old) and older, but the price does not appear to change much. Due to potential cracking I would aim for as new as possible, certainly less than 8 years old or as for a condition report. You may be happy to accept some cracking as it does not impact on performance, but it looks a mess.
New ( after market) are about £110 each.
I am sure if you hunt around you can find cheaper, but is a game of luck.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 03 Dec 2019 22:12 by Scimike.

More
04 Dec 2019 15:28 #216231 by Bosanek
Replied by Bosanek on topic Value of used headlamps
Thank you for this fine elaboration.

More
04 Dec 2019 22:40 #216239 by Delux
Replied by Delux on topic Value of used headlamps
Good quality car bodywork polish is ideal for restoring Jimny headlamps! If you are selling a set this could get you a few quid more for them.
I used Autoglym resin polish on both my Jimnys, because the polish removes the oxidisation the small cracks arent so obvious.

Busiest Mechanic in Scotland!
My pics (inc. pics of my latest Jimny project)...
www.flickr.com/photos/159422664@N08/albums
My ebay stuff for sale...
www.ebay.co.uk/usr/deeelux

More
05 Dec 2019 12:49 #216258 by Bosanek
Replied by Bosanek on topic Re:Value of used headlamps
Thank you for that fine elaboration.

I have a pair of those which I have never seen personally (a friend had bought them for me as replacements when mine were cloudy in my previous Jimny).

But circumstances have changed and I finally decided to sell them as I have no use for them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds