BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Thermostat

• Mole
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Dec 2019 19:59 #216156 by Mole
Thermostat was created by Mole
Evening all can any one confirm that this is the thermostat up up behind the alternator please excuse the poor picture and dirt

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
03 Dec 2019 05:07 #216166 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Thermostat
On the m13a motor the thermostat is above the alternator underneath the inlet manifold. It is just about visible and with patience is possible to remove with the manifold in place but it is not a fun thing to do. The service manual says you are to remove the inlet and that is probably easier but you also have it all to re seal and disturbing things can cause other problems. I don't know if the g13b is the same or similar.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Mole
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Dec 2019 06:38 #216172 by Mole
Replied by Mole on topic Thermostat
Great thank you. I'm not looking forward to it but I believe the thermostat isnt working which could also be part of the reason for poor heating. I drove a good 30mins yesterday evening on the way home from work and as soon as I was home was able to remove the rad cap and put my finger in the water. So I would guess the stat is stuck open

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds