BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Massive probs 6 months in

More
01 Dec 2019 20:21 #216137 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Massive probs 6 months in
This is really poor, I can't believe the MOT testing station / selling garage did not notice the missing rear prop shaft. So I would create a fuss with all of them through any route available, UK Gov website for MOT and small claims / citizens advice for the selling garage.
Worth a shot if nothing more than to cause them a little paperwork.

As to the vehicle the it can be fixed, I'll confirm you don't need a new axle and the first garage that tells you this is probably the one that understands the Jimny is different to a Land Rover.
Good luck.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teachywitch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2019 10:37 #216151 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Massive probs 6 months in
Anyone can check the mot history by entering the car registration in the following

www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

If you know the vehicle VIN you can also find out where it was tested.

Most vehicles have advisories and many fail, the MOT has got tougher in recent years, but there are always garages which will over look the odd problem for a friend, not that I know any.

The garage I got my Jimny from MOTed it, nothing and 2 days later the power steering pipe failed due to corrosion, draw whatever conclusions you want.

The missing prop shaft makes your Jimny 2 wheel drive, apart from anything else that makes it modified from original specification and might invalidate your insurance unless stated, plus it was mis-sold, definately go back to the garage you got it from and read them the riot act. Was it a big garage or some back street operation?

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

The following user(s) said Thank You: Teachywitch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds