BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny Boot Storage Compartment

• DrRobin
  • DrRobin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • Newbie in Northumberland
More
19 Nov 2019 09:46 #215764 by DrRobin
Q1) Can anyone tell me what these covers are for?

I assume they are small storage compartments.

I am missing a cover, does anyone know if you can get them and what they might be called?

Q2) I am thinking of keeping a small electric pump in one, does anyone know of a pump which will fit?

Thanks

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
19 Nov 2019 09:50 #215765 by Lambert
They are just little storage bins I think. I have a plywood liner where my back seats should have been and without the plastic cover those bins are really good for things like tow ball covers or a roll of tape stuff that would otherwise just fly about and be annoying.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• DrRobin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
More
19 Nov 2019 14:55 #215774 by DrRobin
Hi, I found the part number in the parts catalogue linked to another page.

It is described as a Quarter Box Lid and is part number 76214A (full P/N 76214-81A00-T01), now to find someone who has one.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

More
19 Nov 2019 16:00 - 19 Nov 2019 16:01 #215775 by Scimike
" I assume they are small storage compartments."

I guess you are correct. They are an odd addition and very limited in size, but yes you can force all manner of nik naks into them. A strangely useful and useless addition in equal amounts, too small for most things, but begging to be used.
It's a Jimny thing.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 19 Nov 2019 16:01 by Scimike.

More
19 Nov 2019 16:10 - 19 Nov 2019 16:16 #215776 by yakuza
You can put a roll of toilet paper in there and pull the paper out thru the gap on top. Great if you have a tow hitch mounted toilet seat.
This was actually in the test of the Arctic Trucks Jimny on a Norwegian car show...

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Nov 2019 16:16 by yakuza.

More
19 Nov 2019 16:33 #215779 by Scimike
Made me laugh that did.
But toilet roll holder is the best use so far.
:laugh:

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
20 Nov 2019 18:45 #215804 by kirkynut
I've traditionally kept a bog roll in them. I've not been in them for a while. I wonder if there's still one in them!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• DrRobin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
More
21 Nov 2019 11:56 #215822 by DrRobin
Yes they are about bog roll size. I have found a small pump which will fit in, that and my type pressure gauge. Think I will keep spare bulbs in the other.

I haven't had any luck in finding a cover, other than from Japan so might make a plastic box to hold the pump and guage which will slide in.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Nov 2019 13:21 #215825 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic Jimny Boot Storage Compartment
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationI've had a few bits and pieces from these people, probably worth asking them if they've got one. Chris

More
21 Nov 2019 14:10 #215827 by mlines
Brand new from UK stock

£6.25 (note these are the P4Z suffix so are "Gray"

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• DrRobin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
More
21 Nov 2019 15:08 #215828 by DrRobin
Hi Martin,

That sounds great. Are they in the store?
If I browse the store, I only see one page, with no next button and can't find them.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

More
21 Nov 2019 15:21 #215829 by mlines
These are not specifically in the store as I can get all Jimny parts but do not advertise each one.

I can e-invoice you, let me know if you want to do this

However, your comment has raised an interesting point. The store has a black menu ribbon on the top which has all the sections in it, can you see this?

This may be clue as to why when I sell a single item that I suddenly sell lots of them. People may not be noticing the store has lots of pages and are simply seeing things on the frontpage which includes the latest items added and sold.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds