BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

jimny rear door bodyshop bodge?

• poppy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Nov 2019 11:09 #215533 by poppy
jimny rear door bodyshop bodge? was created by poppy
Having trouble with a body shop repairing my jimny after another driver drove in to the back door knocking the sparewheel into the rubber buffers. im saying tothem there is a space between the buffers and the spare wheel they have said there should be no gap betweenthe spare wheel and the buffers and the spare wheel rests on the buffers who is right.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2019 11:30 #215536 by jackonlyjack
A long time ago before any mod's i remember my standard size tyre 205/70/15 touching the rubbers
enough to leave an imprint on the tyre

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
10 Nov 2019 17:27 #215540 by Lambert
The tyre definitely rests on the rubber bungs.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
10 Nov 2019 17:29 - 10 Nov 2019 17:32 #215541 by Scimike
My rear door spare hanging system has a small amount of damage (the internal door tyre support frame is slightly bent) so maybe not the best person to help. However I suspect that Jack is correct.
Looking at the tyre which is standard 205 if I could bend it all inline I would expect both rubber stops to just touch the tyre. As it is at the moment I have one pushed in by 4mm, the other clear by the same amount, ie by the same amount the mount on the door is bent.

Tried to bend it back but it will not budge :(

Edit :- Lambert posted as I typed, so It's confirmed. :lol:

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 10 Nov 2019 17:32 by Scimike.

More
10 Nov 2019 19:01 #215544 by Keithy
I had to modify my carrier for the larger tyres and change of offset....I extended the rubbers back out to the tyres.....stops it wobbling.

It's your car.....take the rubbers out and let the spare do it's thang......unless it identifies as a huge weight hanging on a bracket.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds