BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Newbie Gen 3 - Cruise Control / Accelerator Footrest question

• Beaverhausen
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Oct 2019 11:11 #214600 by Beaverhausen
Please be gentle guys, I've searched and with old threads don't know if things have changed.

Just bought a 56 plate 1.3 VVT manual. With no corrision :silly:

Spoke to a local (Bristol) after-market cruise control installer who claim they can't find a compatible cruise control unit.

Does anyone know if things have changed since 7 year-old threads which talk of the Commander (Australian post) or Waeco (UK) being fitted?

Failing that, as it's only a question of a sore ankle on long motorway trips - anyone know of a longer accelerator pedal more like a footrest that can be fitted? Everything on eBay or Amazon seems to be manufacturer/model specific (with no Jimny Gen 3 mentioned, of course).

Any help appreciated! I've always wanted to drive a tank, and now I am!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
11 Oct 2019 11:27 #214601 by Lambert
Welcome to the forum. As far as I am aware there isn't much in the way of proprietary technology available to get real cruise control on a Jimny. I have looked at various types of hand throttle ideas but I haven't fitted one because I just don't want the risk of being accused of using it on the road in the event of a collision as all the ideas I have seen are not self cancelling and therefore a bit dubious on road. To counter this on a long drive I will wear my high laced Magnum boots and use them as an ankle brace.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beaverhausen

More
11 Oct 2019 11:37 #214602 by Reason2doubt
Funny this came up now... I was days ago searching around for a solution to this ahead of the 6 hour drive from Newcastle to Berkshire for the BigJimny event next weekend.

My research had the same conclusion as lambert in that no solution I found had throttle cancel and I deemed it too risky to buy/fit my own as it sounded a bit complicated and not safe for roads.

And exactly as Lambert points out...big boots will do the trick (at least what I have found myself from longer journeys in the past).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beaverhausen

More
11 Oct 2019 14:40 #214619 by RainerK
I am also checking for a cruise control and I found this:

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A...2Fitm%2F260956744712

It is a Rostra 250-1223.

From the same supplier there are different kits and if you have manual transmission you might want to get a kit with a clutch switch.

Also there are different stalks and I am not sure yet which one is the best, left or right, long or short, ....

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

• Beaverhausen
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Nov 2019 14:10 #215626 by Beaverhausen
If you were at all still interested, I had AP500 and CM-35 stalk fitted today.
Took Motormods of Tewkesbury about 3 hours.
£450+vat - works a treat!

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds