BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Gen4 Recovery Points

• CC Baxter
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Sep 2019 19:00 #213828 by CC Baxter
Gen4 Recovery Points was created by CC Baxter
Now listed on the JimnyBits site, just rears for now.
www.jimnybits.com/jimny-18-on/recovery-winch.html
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2019 19:33 #213830 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Gen4 Recovery Points
Have ordered mine, although about 30 seconds after clicking the button I thought, "hang on, don't they use the same mounting points as the OEM towbar?"

Doh! Still, I've not used the towbar since getting the car and it does act as a massive mudplow when offroad, so given the choice I think I'll detach the towbar and stick the recovery points on instead.

More
24 Sep 2019 19:39 #213831 by Gadget
Question - if I wanted to be an attention whore and paint these bright red, would is just be a case of sanding the powder coat to key the surface and then slapping on some smooth Hammerite, or more involved?

More
24 Sep 2019 21:34 #213835 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Gen4 Recovery Points

Gadget wrote: Question - if I wanted to be an attention whore and paint these bright red, would is just be a case of sanding the powder coat to key the surface and then slapping on some smooth Hammerite, or more involved?

Yes is the short answer. Key the powder coat surface with a Scotch pad or 800 grit until it's a mat finish all over then apply your top coat. I don't particularly like Hammerite, but it's just my experience of the modern eco stuff they sell. I have painted my Jimny bits powder coated roof rack this way finishing with a single coat of self undercoating enamel metal paint. Brand was Fortress sold by B&Q, but once dry it's been as hard as nails and not flaked off.
So finish with your paint of choice in a colour you like...

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
25 Sep 2019 07:39 #213845 by stiffsteve204me

CC Baxter wrote: Now listed on the JimnyBits site, just rears for now.
www.jimnybits.com/jimny-18-on/recovery-winch.html
Chris

Now showing out of stock. :(

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

More
25 Sep 2019 08:55 #213846 by Gadget
Wow, that was quick, they only appeared on their site at 5pm yesterday!

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds