BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

2000 mile check up.

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Aug 2019 11:51 #212780 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic 2000 mile check up.
Again, yes I agree Bill, the auto headlights will be detailed in the email as well.

Ok folks, here is the best email addy i could find for Suzi GB.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Best of luck! :whistle: :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2019 12:45 #212784 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic 2000 mile check up.
It may be worthwhile having a new thread for Gen4 snag list to see if any of the issues you have are wide spread. Dacia ignored individual complaints, however due to forum pressure it became obvious that the Indian made Dusters had a rust problem which was nation wide. Dacia was forced to do something about it to limit damage to the brand.

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Aug 2019 14:38 #212786 by Andy2640

Foxtrot wrote: It may be worthwhile having a new thread for Gen4 snag list to see if any of the issues you have are wide spread. Dacia ignored individual complaints, however due to forum pressure it became obvious that the Indian made Dusters had a rust problem which was nation wide. Dacia was forced to do something about it to limit damage to the brand.

Thats a good idea. I'll start a new thread on it later.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Aug 2019 21:34 #212801 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic 2000 mile check up.
What Dacia did was the square route of nothing for me for 3 months after discovering rust the day after I picked it up.I requested they take it back which they refused to do. I was advised by an independent body not to drive it. 174 calls to their customer service dept and 82 emails. They still refused to take it back. I opened a " Rusty Duster" Facebook page and posted the 27 areas of rust. After three months of frustration I parked the car outside the dealer with a 6x6 sign with he words.... " Rusty Duster after one day of ownership. DO NOT BUY ONE"
After being parked there for two days and a visit from the police...... who left me to it as I was not breaking any laws.... the manager of the dealership came and invited me in for a chat. 20 minutes later he had the keys to my car and I had my money back. Meanwhile Dacia started to offer rust repairs..... which was ridiculous as the rust had started while the raw steel was being shipped to India.

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Aug 2019 21:52 - 28 Aug 2019 21:54 #212802 by Andy2640

Aj4x4 wrote: What Dacia did was the square route of nothing for me for 3 months after discovering rust the day after I picked it up.I requested they take it back which they refused to do. I was advised by an independent body not to drive it. 174 calls to their customer service dept and 82 emails. They still refused to take it back. I opened a " Rusty Duster" Facebook page and posted the 27 areas of rust. After three months of frustration I parked the car outside the dealer with a 6x6 sign with he words.... " Rusty Duster after one day of ownership. DO NOT BUY ONE"
After being parked there for two days and a visit from the police...... who left me to it as I was not breaking any laws.... the manager of the dealership came and invited me in for a chat. 20 minutes later he had the keys to my car and I had my money back. Meanwhile Dacia started to offer rust repairs..... which was ridiculous as the rust had started while the raw steel was being shipped to India.

Shocking story.

On the matter of rust, take a looksie at the wording for the warrenty of the gen 4.

i

There are 4 words that are concerning :woohoo: :dry:
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Aug 2019 21:54 by Andy2640.

More
28 Aug 2019 22:23 #212803 by Bill Portland
Replied by Bill Portland on topic 2000 mile check up.
The 12 year warranty actually isn't worth a dime. In order for it to remain valid you have to have your car inspected by a Suzuki dealer every year. If they find anything starting to corrode you're expected to pay for it to be fixed. Therefore after 12 years you've paid for them to maintain their warranty and of course there won't be anything left to be warranted, cos you've had to have it all fixed.

More
29 Aug 2019 07:01 - 29 Aug 2019 07:11 #212816 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic 2000 mile check up.

Aj4x4 wrote: What Dacia did was the square route of nothing for me for 3 months after discovering rust the day after I picked it up.I requested they take it back which they refused to do. I was advised by an independent body not to drive it. 174 calls to their customer service dept and 82 emails. They still refused to take it back. I opened a " Rusty Duster" Facebook page and posted the 27 areas of rust. After three months of frustration I parked the car outside the dealer with a 6x6 sign with he words.... " Rusty Duster after one day of ownership. DO NOT BUY ONE"

I take my hat off to you Aj4x4, it was your doggedness and determination which made Renault sit up and listen and rallied other Indian made Duster owners to bring Dacia (Renault) to its knees and accept that there was a rust problem. I agree with you that the rust prevention that was offered was useless as it was just a wax injection, the rust was coming from beneath the paint. I had the granite grey and didn't have any rust issues, however the silver 18 month old loan car they gave me whilst the rust prevention was undertaken had rust bubbling from under the paint. I traded mine in for a Suzuki Vitara, the UK Dusters are now made in Roumania.
Last edit: 29 Aug 2019 07:11 by Foxtrot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds