BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny 2019 - issues with finding out information

• B3Hulk
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jul 2019 01:49 #211340 by B3Hulk
Hello from Australia.

I have received my 2019 Jimny a couple of months ago and I have a lot of ideas on what I would like to do.

I can't really find any information around servicing items and what we can and cannot do on the car.

Here are some points that I would to get some help on:
  • What is the oil filter part number for the 2019 Jimny?
  • What are the widest tyres that would fit on the car?
  • My guide lights are turned on in the settings but when I lock the car the head lights turn off (yes the lights are on auto)
  • There is a weird grinding noise in first gear whenever there is a load. Feels like the diff or cv joints are griding. Weird to describe. anyone have the same issue?
  • Roof rach limit is 30kgs? I have seen people placing a lot mroe than 30kgs on the roof. Am I misunderstanding on what the limit means?

If anyone have answers to any of these questions , please let me know.

Thanks, in advance guys!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
21 Jul 2019 05:25 #211346 by Lambert
Welcome to the forum.

Don't know the oil filter p/n sorry.
The width of the tyre is dependent on the width of the wheel so on a standard 5.5 inch wheel the reality is going to be about a 235 at most. Fitting aftermarket wheels like a 7 or 8 inch will free up a lot more options but that is also going to have negative implications on things like scrub radius of the steering affecting handling and also a negative impact on bearing service interval. Wider tyres also reduce ground pressure which a Jimny doesn't have a lot of to start with which can be an issue for wet braking performance and also for finding traction on slick surfaces like clay, grass or snow.
Don't know about the auto lights system, sorry
Grinding noises are not normal and are what the warranty is for, there have been several mentions of odd noises but I haven't seen any definite solutions or causes yet.
The roof weight seems to be a hangover from the gen3 with the plastic roof rail feet or it's Suzuki attempting to cover themselves in the event of people putting too much weight high up on a relatively narrow and potentially unstable vehicle, they don't want another pr disaster like with the gen2 getting a reputation for falling over.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jul 2019 09:18 #211352 by Andy2640
Hello and welcome to the forum. Also congrats on the new jimny.

Cant add much more than our lambert has added, but if it helps, i would say 215/75/15 is an ideal size, as it dowsnt void warrenty. Mine feels more stablenin 215's and im very happy with them. Bear in mind tyre weight though, togo open country are one of he lighter tyres, look agressive and give a great compromise on/off road.

The weird "zizzy' noise in 1st gear seems to be happeneingnon all gen 4's. Something to bring up at the 2000 mile check up. Mine hasnt got any worst, and im not to worried about it to be honest.

What Lambert said on the rack weight is exactly what i concluded. Ive seen people with +100's of kg's on the roof.

Not added much here, but hope it helps somewhat.

Andy.

More
21 Jul 2019 09:19 - 21 Jul 2019 09:23 #211353 by Bill Portland
Last edit: 21 Jul 2019 09:23 by Bill Portland. Reason: Correct link added

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jul 2019 09:46 #211354 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic Jimny 2019 - issues with finding out information
Re Oil filter
I've fitted a HKS 52009-AK011 expensive but good
Original filter in mine was a Denso FC115010-5071 but I've had trouble cross referencing this part number.
Chris

More
21 Jul 2019 11:36 #211360 by mlines
16510-81404

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
21 Jul 2019 15:34 #211362 by OctaneJimny
Yes I have the same question about the auto lights. "guide ligtts" they come on when I unlock the car saying walking towards it but I can't get them the work when I lock the car or "home" setting. I've left my lights on Auto as it says in the handbook.

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club

• B3Hulk
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jul 2019 08:52 #211421 by B3Hulk
Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it.

I will go to the dealership and ask what that noise is about.

Also , I did my first oil flush and is it normally for the oil to be really really running. I have never seen oil that consistency before and made me worry about what oil I used.

I put in 10w-40 and now I am not sure.

As for the roof rack , I am curious on what the limit will be but I have seen many videos of people loading it up. I bought the Front Runner slimeline so I will see how that goes.

Any one have any ideas on why the guide lights aren't working?

I also have some links on what I have recently bought:

Rear Door Ladder

Aggresive looking eye covers (grill)

Dash Storage

Roof Rack

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jul 2019 12:16 #211425 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic Jimny 2019 - issues with finding out information
Stock oil is 0w-16, you should get away with 5w (I wouldn't) but you should get rid of the 10w-40. I understand 0w-20 is more widely available and would be more than up to the task.
Chris

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds