BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

2 Year wait for new Gen4 Jimny

More
19 Jul 2019 14:49 #211282 by 300bhpton

mlines wrote: The announcement by Suzuki was that it would not let them bring in more, it would just let them bring in the same amount

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I assume they could import as many as they wanted too, but it would cost them due to higher Co2. e.g. I'm sure there are other car makers with an average Co2 level much higher than Suzuki's.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2019 14:51 - 19 Jul 2019 14:56 #211283 by mlines

CC Baxter wrote: Come on Suzuki send us the kei car, I'd love to try one of those.
Chris

KEI version? Just buy one and let us know

carfromjapan.com/cheap-used-suzuki-jimny...rt=-registrationDate

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 19 Jul 2019 14:56 by mlines.

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jul 2019 15:50 #211285 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic 2 Year wait for new Gen4 Jimny
Thanks Martin, that's interesting. I should have guessed they'd be available somewhere. I've had grey imports in the past and for world market vehicles it's not a bad proposition. I couldn't face one now though. I'm sure these small turbo engines are the future with ever tightening emission restrictions so we could all be driving them in 10 years time. Which would you prefer, a 660cc or an all electric Jimny?
Chris

• JurassicJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jul 2019 17:00 #211286 by JurassicJimny
Replied by JurassicJimny on topic 2 Year wait for new Gen4 Jimny

CC Baxter wrote: Thanks Martin, that's interesting. I should have guessed they'd be available somewhere. I've had grey imports in the past and for world market vehicles it's not a bad proposition. I couldn't face one now though. I'm sure these small turbo engines are the future with ever tightening emission restrictions so we could all be driving them in 10 years time. Which would you prefer, a 660cc or an all electric Jimny?
Chris

To jump on this will admit id love an electric version I'm actually surprised suzuki didn't go down that route or hybrid so when you select 4 low you have the ultra low end of the electric motor rock crawling or steep hills. Think with the Jimnys tiny statue an electric one would suit most people and for off roaders be a real crawler. Plus it would fill a nice gap in the current electric car market of a proper off roading electric car that would also be an ideal city car. My idea would be the transfer case is still in that way the motor would take up the space currently occupied by the gearbox, as think two motors might be a bit much for a jimny, But would also mean the front could be extra boot capacity easily.

More
22 Jul 2019 14:09 #211398 by No Stock Available
Also Suzuki are not fussed about bringing the Jimny to the EU or UK as we are a fading market they are concentrating on India and Japan.

The sad fact is the market share just means Suzuki could care less what comes into this country which is a ballache when I have to try and sell them.

More
28 Jul 2019 09:51 #211584 by cailean
Well there are now lots of Gen4's for sale on Autotrader, both people buying and flipping at a profit and also dealers now selling their demos. Has Suzuki now allowed dealers to sell the demos and get another demo? My local dealer was selling their first demo with 1500 miles for about £22k and had a 'new' demo available to test drive as well. Are people actually paying £22k plus?

• nogbad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jul 2019 14:32 #211590 by nogbad
Replied by nogbad on topic 2 Year wait for new Gen4 Jimny
Suzuki customer services told me a couple of weeks ago only 150 units for Q3 and the same for Q4 that's about 1 per Dealership ,I don't understand Auto trader has new Jimmy's for sale from Suzuki dealers at silly money why are these cars not going to people on there waiting lists ?

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
28 Jul 2019 15:21 #211591 by Lambert
Being cynical I would suggest that it's happening because people are stupid and greedy?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jul 2019 17:03 #211598 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic 2 Year wait for new Gen4 Jimny
Par for the course on planet earth. Thats why the aliens havnt bothered turning up.

• AlexK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jul 2019 17:03 #211599 by AlexK
Replied by AlexK on topic 2 Year wait for new Gen4 Jimny
Also, some of those dealer cars aren’t actually for sale. Certainly in the early days if you enquired about one you’d be told it’s not available but they’d happily take a deposit and add you to the queue.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds