BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Brand New 19/19 SZ5 manual available Silky Silver at list price -at dealers now

More
17 Jul 2019 11:53 #211181 by mediaman111166
Hi all,
If anyone wants to PM me I have sadly had to withdraw from purchasing my SZ5 in silver/manual. its on a 19 plate and at my local Suzuki dealer ready to collect now. You will just pay the list price plus metallic paint £485. The dealer will only give me my £500 deposit back if I can find a replacement purchaser. Beat the wait. I will provide the dealers name and the sales managers details, he is fully briefed on the situation and will let someone replace me on the queue. Hope this helps out someone! Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2019 11:55 #211182 by Bill Portland
Sorry to hear you have to withdraw. Why doesn't it go to the next person in the queue?

More
17 Jul 2019 12:03 #211183 by mediaman111166
It did, but the new purchasers finance is being 'problematic' and the dealer has said I can get a replacement buyer. Other people on the dealers list wanted an Auto or a specific colour, hence why im trying on here for if somone wants one now at no greedy price mark-up
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill Portland

• nogbad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2019 12:12 #211185 by nogbad
When we had price rise other week my dealer told me I could back out any time price rise or not , like Bill says why not just pass it to next person on list or why does he not sell it for a higher price like some other main dealers are doing at minute ? are you the only one on list ?

More
17 Jul 2019 12:34 #211186 by mediaman111166
Hi, as I ordered in Q2 I can still buy it at old price still but I have been told If I back out I lose my deposit unless another buyer is found. I assume thats the dealers policy? I have answered Bill already, next buyer on there list has a finance issue, after them next buyers want Auto, then next a specific colour. No disrespect but I am after trying to do someone a favour by picking up my cancelled order in the uk to buy at RRP with no profiteering. Both replies so far are querying the dealers ' buyers list', procedures etc. I will willingly pass on to anyone else replying to this post the dealers contact details so you can discuss there 'list, etc with the sales team and how many names are on it and why they are not selling the car at a mark-up, something I will not do on principal.

• AlexK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2019 14:31 #211192 by AlexK
Might be worth putting a post up on some of the Facebook groups; there are still plenty of people waiting for a car.

Good luck.

More
17 Jul 2019 14:49 #211195 by Soeley

More
17 Jul 2019 15:04 #211196 by mediaman111166
not true, it depends on what is written on the pre-purchase agreement that the buyer signs and agrees to the terms within.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2019 16:36 #211198 by Andy2640
Scratch noggin :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I cant believe someone hasnt pounced on this yet?!

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2019 16:42 #211199 by Andy2640

mediaman111166 wrote: Hi all,
If anyone wants to PM me I have sadly had to withdraw from purchasing my SZ5 in silver/manual. its on a 19 plate and at my local Suzuki dealer ready to collect now. You will just pay the list price plus metallic paint £485. The dealer will only give me my £500 deposit back if I can find a replacement purchaser. Beat the wait. I will provide the dealers name and the sales managers details, he is fully briefed on the situation and will let someone replace me on the queue. Hope this helps out someone! Chris

These dealers can be mean! Seems a very nasty unpalettable way to tret people.

Anyways, i hope someone snaps this up ASAP.

Its just a case of the right person clocking this thread. An occastional bump is in order.

More
17 Jul 2019 20:13 #211214 by Soeley

mediaman111166 wrote: not true, it depends on what is written on the pre-purchase agreement that the buyer signs and agrees to the terms within.

Just going off what one dealer told me. I already had one £500 deposit place when I went to a second dealer and placed another £500. I told them I already had a deposit down elsewhere, they said it is not a problem and that the deposit is fully refundable right up to the point of collection day when you go and do the final paperwork.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jul 2019 16:36 #211244 by Andy2640

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds