BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Bigger engine swap or not?

• StergiosJimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jul 2019 11:47 #210952 by StergiosJimny
Bigger engine swap or not? was created by StergiosJimny
Hey guys I have a 2007 jimny vvt m13a. The car almost a year started to work incorrectly and i thought that I only burned the head flange. But finally I have cracked the engine head. So now i have 2 options:

1. Used m13a vvt and place it.
2. Used m15a vvt or m16a vvt engine..

But I dont know from which model engine should I look for. Ignis sport m15a? Swift m16a? Grand vitara? I dont know.. And i dont know also what should i do with the intake,the exhaust and the ecu. If i plug the m16a or m15a ecu will work?

Sorry for my bad english..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
12 Jul 2019 14:15 #210957 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Bigger engine swap or not?
Personally I would go for a 1.6 the swap is supposed to be very straightforward as effectively all you are doing is replacing the engine block and head everything else it transferred from the 1.3. As and if my 1.3 dies this is what I would want to do.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• StergiosJimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jul 2019 15:44 #210959 by StergiosJimny
Replied by StergiosJimny on topic Bigger engine swap or not?
That sounds good. But what about the ecu? Will it run the 1.6 with stock 1.3 ecu? I think it will need more fuel especialy in high rpms.. Will I see big difference?

More
  • Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
12 Jul 2019 17:55 #210962 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Bigger engine swap or not?
Having fitted a 2010 swift sport 1.6 into a 2007 vvt Jimny I can say its definatley the way to go. Much better to drive and no problems to install.

Have a look at my forum thread about it...

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum?view=topic&catid=6&id=61522

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
12 Jul 2019 21:21 - 12 Jul 2019 21:25 #210970 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Bigger engine swap or not?
I dunno about the prices on used engines on your side of the fjord, but over here in Norway you can get a Liana engine at approx 600£ but a Grand Vitara or Swift engine even though it is the same block, cost about 1500£.
Supply and demand i guess as Lianas are not for car lovers but sold in high numbers with low second hand prices.

Edit: Do the 1.6 swap! takes a couple of days and nights, but it is just bolts and nuts and the only adaptation is the oil pick up tube to weld.
And you get to do a lot of servicing jobs anyways..

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 12 Jul 2019 21:25 by yakuza.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds