BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Locking Roof Bars

• CC Baxter
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jun 2019 15:23 #210096 by CC Baxter
Locking Roof Bars was created by CC Baxter
As I see more Thule roof bars appearing on the forum I thought I'd share this idea.
The seller threw these in for me to sweeten the deal. Thule part number 527010 these are the
Old design (the newer ones look squared but same part number). Must be a basic clutch inside as when they are locked the knob turns but the bolt doesn't. It's only a deterrent against opportunist types but you know what that locking roof box cost and that's not counting the contents. Chris

Attachment not found

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2019 16:15 #210099 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Locking Roof Bars
I got these with a car twice but did not get the key. First time i bought the correct key from the number printed on the lock. Next time wiser I just fiddled them off the car as the lock is as you say only a deterrent.
Now i got the ProRack bars that fit in between the rails and they are bolted so you need a short allen key and it actually takes longer to fiddle them off.

But then again I often think it is better to leave it open so the thieves do not have to scratch your paint, break your bars, windows, locks and so on to steal whatever cheap stuff you got on offer..

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
18 Jun 2019 17:33 #210105 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Locking Roof Bars
I did the same recently, but with the newer locks (Thule Part #527). I believe the official Suzuki bars for the Gen4 are just rebranded Thule, so these locks should be compatible with those too.

Before and after.

Also worth mentioning is that if you put the Gen4 details into the Thule website, it only brings up one compatible kit, the squarebar with 951 gutter footpack, however they also make gutter feet compatible with their aero bars (part # 9512) if you want something a bit more aerodynamic :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill Portland

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds