BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Newbie from Newcastle

• doncarlyon
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Nov 2010 20:10 #6502 by doncarlyon
Newbie from Newcastle was created by doncarlyon
Alreet kids!!!

Havent got a Jimny but would like to get one at some point to have a go at green laning, etc.

Currently drive a Focus RS, not much good off road :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2010 20:28 - 25 Nov 2010 20:28 #6509 by dirtydogz
Replied by dirtydogz on topic Re: Newbie from Newcastle
welcome doncarlyon.B)

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Last edit: 25 Nov 2010 20:28 by dirtydogz.

• doncarlyon
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Nov 2010 20:29 #6510 by doncarlyon
Replied by doncarlyon on topic Re: Newbie from Newcastle
Cheers!

• JimBru
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Nov 2010 21:27 #6512 by JimBru
Replied by JimBru on topic Re: Newbie from Newcastle
welcome mate :)

there is a few of us roond about the toon

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Nov 2010 21:33 #6515 by biggaz
Replied by biggaz on topic Re: Newbie from Newcastle
Yeh welcome mate, im from washington jimbru's a penshaw fella and adamskis newc/middlesbro aswell so were gathering in numbers lol.

Ive just got one a week or so ago so im a newb but love it.

• doncarlyon
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Nov 2010 17:20 #6531 by doncarlyon
would love to have a trip off road in a jimny if any of you guys are having a meet up sometime... :blush:

More
26 Nov 2010 18:58 #6538 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re: Newbie from Newcastle

doncarlyon wrote: Alreet kids!!!

Havent got a Jimny but would like to get one at some point to have a go at green laning, etc.

Currently drive a Focus RS, not much good off road :P

No but it's rather fast though!!!

Welcome, there's a couple of cheapies on ebay at the moment! A red one with front bumper damage for less than a grand that is begging for a winch bumper to replace the broken plastic one!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• trextr7monkey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Nov 2010 20:16 #6551 by trextr7monkey
Replied by trextr7monkey on topic Re: Newbie from Newcastle
Hi there- I think I may have seen your posts on Northumberland RSOC site and there was a few of them came down to last year's Scotch Corner Classic Ford meet, did that site disappear?
We are near Carlisle though my daughter lived in Newcastle last year- she has the Jimny which you may well have seen, also run an X trail and an old Jago jeep which we use and abuse. Interesting bit of info is that quite a few fibre glass Jago bodies are finding their way on to old SJ chassis to give a cheap light weight rust free off roader. I suspect a Jimny would fit under one if one could be acquired for the right money;)
atb
Mike

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Nov 2010 20:40 #6554 by biggaz
Replied by biggaz on topic Re: Newbie from Newcastle
I was looking for a damaged jimny, mainly to save money on the purchase as said and replace with better parts.

Few about for 1k if you look.

• doncarlyon
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Nov 2010 14:52 #6582 by doncarlyon

trextr7monkey wrote: Hi there- I think I may have seen your posts on Northumberland RSOC site and there was a few of them came down to last year's Scotch Corner Classic Ford meet, did that site disappear?
We are near Carlisle though my daughter lived in Newcastle last year- she has the Jimny which you may well have seen, also run an X trail and an old Jago jeep which we use and abuse. Interesting bit of info is that quite a few fibre glass Jago bodies are finding their way on to old SJ chassis to give a cheap light weight rust free off roader. I suspect a Jimny would fit under one if one could be acquired for the right money;)
atb
Mike

Yes mate, thats me... the site did seem to disappear. Strange!

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds