BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Another review

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
03 May 2019 04:02 #207148 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Another review
You'll be wishing you had become involved with the gen3 years ago at this rate! Best cars in the world!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 May 2019 05:18 #207151 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Another review

Lambert wrote: You'll be wishing you had become involved with the gen3 years ago at this rate! Best cars in the world!

Yes, I think your right. Ive been missing out for sure.

No BS. If I scored the Jim out of /100, at this present moment, it would be 100. Thats not "new toy" bravado either, it really is a perfect little 4x4 in my eyes. An "anti-Clarkson" review is in my word doc being tidied up as we speak ;-0

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 May 2019 05:44 #207157 by Andy2640

GeorgeC wrote:

GeorgeC wrote: Andy think about tomorrow:
The Jimny will be in your driveway/garage,
The review will be in the bottom of the bird cage!

Quote 2, from Andy: "An "anti-Clarkson" review is in my word doc being tidied up as we speak."

Andy think about tomorrow:
The Jimny will be in your driveway/garage,
Your review will be in the bottom of YOUR bird cage! :ohmy:

LOL - George my friend, you are right! I need to breathe deeply and let it go. ..............Awwwww........breath in.......and out......in.....and out....

(Anger returns) - SOD IT.......... CLARKY BOY IS HAVING IT! Review to follow shortly :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
03 May 2019 06:19 #207165 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Another review
Don't think Mr Clarkson is going to lose sleep over it, but crack on I want to see what you have to say about the Jimny.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 May 2019 06:21 #207166 by Andy2640
Yeah....boat loads of money and a monstrously inflated ego can do that to a man.

• AlexK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 May 2019 08:30 #207190 by AlexK
Replied by AlexK on topic Another review

Aj4x4 wrote: Wow. Just seen that latest review by Parkers on You Tube .

I've seen worse. I think I'd describe that one as 'cliche-ridden' to the point of almost phoning it in.

More
03 May 2019 08:53 - 03 May 2019 08:55 #207192 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic Another review

Aj4x4 wrote: The issue we have is that the journalists get to drive cars costing the same as 20 Jimnys put together and then seem to think it's ok to compare them equally. No, the Jimny is not fast to 60..... but it's not meant to be. That's like saying an MX5 is rubbish off road!

Your bang on with this quote, this is what almost every journalist basis their comments on. The Jimny in whatever version needs to be driven differently on the road than a normal saloon car . I remember back in 2001 when I traded my Mini Metro in for a new Jimny, whilst driving home from the showroom it took me by surprise. The road to my avenue has a sharp left with a steep incline, I took the corner a bit too quick and it gave me a brown trouser moment. :blink: After that I altered my driving techniques to suit the car and it was perfectly ok, in fact I enjoyed driving my Jimny more than any other car I have ever had. I am sure that the Gen4 will have even better road manners with its bigger engine, wider track and steering damper..;)
Last edit: 03 May 2019 08:55 by Foxtrot.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds