BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Yellow Peril

More
25 Apr 2019 08:54 #206633 by stiffsteve204me
Replied by stiffsteve204me on topic Yellow Peril
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

Andy2640 wrote:

stiffsteve204me wrote: A wee drop of rain around 06:00 hrs., and I can confirm that there is some protection on the paintwork. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Most surprised that there is no seagull poo on it, this morning. Maybe they haven't watched Andy's video.:lol:

The Kinetic Yellow is not to everyone's taste, it would seem. Our Postie wandered by, yesterday, when I was cleaning the Jimny, and asked " Did you get a good discount for taking that colour". :laugh:

That's him off my Christmas list. ;)

Steve.

:-) I can relate Steve - postmen are either a cheery pal, or an offensive grouch, there's no gray area in between with them. That may only be my own unbalanced view though, hahaa ;-) But yeah...what a cheek that postboy had! Probs just over-worked, under appreciated and MARRIED lol.

Anyways....did you have a paint protector added then? And last thing buddy if you dont mind, does your foam lance set-up really dissolve the grime? Does it really work? I want it too, as i wanna minimise my washing by hand. Here's my washing method, now adapted for possible foam use:

1. Power off (with non commercial JW). Aim to remove the micro-grit and other crud. Working from top down.
2. Foam up (via lance) and leave for 5-10 mins.
3. Wash off again with PW from top to zee bottom.
4. Then apply a small amount of foam, and with my chenille extendable microfibre mitt, lightly agitate the shampoo on the body. Moving in straight lines only...and once only if possible.... to avoid scratches etc.
5. Rinse off and then proceed to dry with large microfiber absorbent towels (but laying them flat on the body, and not moving the towels, but rather just let them absorb the water.

YES I am that pedantic.....and slightly anal....and slightly annoying.

I'll grab my coat ;-)

Andy, no, I did not have the Lifeshine con treatment carried out. £400 for £40 worth of product,:

applied by someone who is working to strict time constraints, and, probably, has little interest. No thanks.

I am more than happy to carry out the job myself, and confident that I will do a good one, at that.

I would say that the SF does help to lift the dirt. After cleaning the black goo, applied by the Dealership, from my tyres, using a strong APC, and a brush, the foam still lifted some off. Difficult to see in this pic, but it was noticeable, as brown foam dripping off the rubber.

Let me put it this way. Even if the effect is minimal, it will help a little, and more to the point, It's great fun. :lol:

File Attachment:

I'm certainly not anal regarding car cleaning, but with the financial outlay of a vehicle, I do like to look after it. My plan is to give this the full works when we get back from holiday. Living only a couple of hundred yards from the sea, the Jimny needs all the help it can get.

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2019 10:48 #206636 by stiffsteve204me
Replied by stiffsteve204me on topic Re:Yellow Peril

Ash97x wrote: Looking good Steve! I’ll be sure to tell X dealership not to clean my car when it’s in for the 2 month service!! Your phone has to be unlocked to use carplay, if that’s what you mean.

Ash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ash, I have no idea what I mean. :blink:

I do not think that my old iPhone4 is supported/recognised. I have tried pairing, but to no avail. :unsure:

www.suzuki-slda.com/SitePages/IOPSearchR...204S&osversion=9.3.5

I rarely use my mobile 'phone. The odd call, or text. That's it. But, it would be useful for some music.

I would be more than happy to use the SD card I have with my music loaded, but the Jimny has an SD card installed for the Sat Nav, so that idea is out of the window. I have a usb stick somewhere. I'll give that a go.

As you can see, I'm not a tech nerd, more a technophobe, really. :lol:

All is not lost, however. I have managed to transfer all of my favorites from my Garmin sat nav, to the Jimny one, and pre-set a few radio stations.

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

• Guy 2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Apr 2019 16:44 #206647 by Guy 2
Replied by Guy 2 on topic Yellow Peril
I'm certainly not anal regarding car cleaning, but with the financial outlay of a vehicle, I do like to look after it. My plan is to give this the full works when we get back from holiday. Living only a couple of hundred yards from the sea, the Jimny needs all the help it can get.

Steve.[/quote]

Hi Steve - just caught up with your new Jimny. Had to put my sunglasses on - but, seriously, it's looking great!

Re keeping it looking good - I've tried loads of products and would really recommend Chemical Guys 'Jetseal' (Apparently designed to make aircraft easier to clean - but they then discovered it saved fuel by making them that bit more 'slippery' as well. I doubt the Jimny will actually reach Mach 0.9 though - so maybe that benefit won't be realised!) Jetseal isn't cheap but a bit goes an awful long way.

And, just for Andy, if you want to keep swirls at bay when you've jetsealed it then put Collinite wax on top. It's about the cheapest hard wax but with results similar to the best carnauba - and it's as hard as nails.

Jetseal lasts about 4 months (in my environment), and put Collinite on top and that's about 6 months.

• lee1980
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Apr 2019 07:02 - 26 Apr 2019 07:05 #206684 by lee1980
Replied by lee1980 on topic Yellow Peril
Looks great, I actually like the yellow, I had a yellow Ford Puma for ages, and many were like oh its to bright but was just a standard yellow!
Snow foam work well but its getting it thick enough to stay on car for a bit and the leave it as long as can. Oh it is lots of fun to!

I have just used Autoglym super resin polish on all my cars so far does the job.

With the Auto then does that mean the over drive means the revs are lower than the manual on motorway?
Last edit: 26 Apr 2019 07:05 by lee1980.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Apr 2019 07:12 #206687 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Yellow Peril

lee1980 wrote: Looks great, I actually like the yellow, I had a yellow Ford Puma for ages, and many were like oh its to bright but was just a standard yellow!
Snow foam work well but its getting it thick enough to stay on car for a bit and the leave it as long as can. Oh it is lots of fun to!

I have just used Autoglym super resin polish on all my cars so far does the job.

With the Auto then does that mean the over drive means the revs are lower than the manual on motorway?

Ive been looking at these Autoglym products. There seems to be two main larger products. The kit with wheel and tyre and interior stuff, and then the autoglym life product. The life-product only seems to sell on ebay, the other is the "perfect bodywork kit". The lifeshine has aqua wax, the other doesn't. Canny work out which one i need.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Apr 2019 10:03 #206691 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Yellow Peril
Lee1980 I don't know if I'm telling you what you already know but a coating of wax or Sealant would be needed after polishing.

EZ car care on the Web or amazon have great prices on kits and the products are good to :)

More
26 Apr 2019 10:04 #206692 by stiffsteve204me

Andy2640 wrote:

lee1980 wrote: Looks great, I actually like the yellow, I had a yellow Ford Puma for ages, and many were like oh its to bright but was just a standard yellow!

Ive been looking at these Autoglym products. There seems to be two main larger products. The kit with wheel and tyre and interior stuff, and then the autoglym life product. The life-product only seems to sell on ebay, the other is the "perfect bodywork kit". The lifeshine has aqua wax, the other doesn't. Canny work out which one i need.

Andy, may I suggest that you wait until you have your Jimny, then see how bad the dealer prep is. You can then make the decision as how much needs to be done,for the paintwork to be acceptable.It may well be fine.
If the paintwork is badly swirled, the Lifeshine kit will not remove the scratches, it will only put a layer of product over the top. It is designed as a protection.
Call me cynical, but I have never yet had a new car with un-marred paintwork.

Aqua Wax is little more than a Quick Detailing spray/ Drying aid, IMO, with a bit more wax.

Steve.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
26 Apr 2019 10:17 #206693 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Yellow Peril
Cease and desist.

This is as clean as a Jimny should be!

DIRT IS GOOD!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
Attachments:

More
26 Apr 2019 11:15 #206696 by stiffsteve204me

Lambert wrote: Cease and desist.

This is as clean as a Jimny should be!

DIRT IS GOOD!

CLEAN

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Steve,

• Lambert
    Registered
More
26 Apr 2019 11:26 #206698 by Lambert
DIRTY? :laugh:

• Guy 2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Apr 2019 12:15 #206705 by Guy 2
Replied by Guy 2 on topic Yellow Peril
I'm with Lambert - polish, sealant, and then dirt on the top is the 'correct' look!

• Lambert
    Registered
More
26 Apr 2019 12:25 #206707 by Lambert
Finally we have a WINNER!

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds