BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

SZ5 Delivery

More
16 Apr 2019 15:37 #206214 by stiffsteve204me
SZ5 Delivery was created by stiffsteve204me
I slapped a deposit down,(around 12 th. March), to add my name to "The List", and was told of a wait of eight to twelve months. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago, and I had a call from the Dealership, offering me a Kinetic Yellow, Auto, delivery end of May, beginning of June.

Happy with that.:)

A call this afternoon, to let me know that it my vehicle has turned up, today. :woohoo:

Same car. No one was expecting it, least of all me. I am going to sort out paperwork etc., on Friday morning.

Although I am well chuffed, it does seem to highlight the fact that no bugger seems to know what is going on, as far as delivery is concerned.

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Guy 2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2019 16:00 #206220 by Guy 2
Replied by Guy 2 on topic SZ5 Delivery
Fantastic! My Granny would have said "You must have been good in a previous life"!

No, I don't know what kind of drugs she was on.

Anyway, enjoy your new Jimny - with my best regards (and Granny's!)

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2019 18:53 #206234 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic SZ5 Delivery
My astonishment at how messed up the whole Jimny thing is cannot be measured. They tell us there is a chronic lack of cars and demand is overwhelming, and if you haven't had a deposit or at least a name on a list by Dec 2018..... then forget it.
Now.....it would appear that dealers have cars they didn't know they had!!!!!

The whole process is as frustrating and trying to knit soup. Rant over.

I am honestly happy for you. I am still waiting for a date for mine...... deposit placed in Aug last year!!! and just cant wait to get it. Enjoy your weekend!

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2019 18:54 #206236 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic SZ5 Delivery

stiffsteve204me wrote: I slapped a deposit down,(around 12 th. March), to add my name to "The List", and was told of a wait of eight to twelve months. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago, and I had a call from the Dealership, offering me a Kinetic Yellow, Auto, delivery end of May, beginning of June.

Happy with that.:)

A call this afternoon, to let me know that it my vehicle has turned up, today. :woohoo:

Same car. No one was expecting it, least of all me. I am going to sort out paperwork etc., on Friday morning.

Although I am well chuffed, it does seem to highlight the fact that no bugger seems to know what is going on, as far as delivery is concerned.

Steve.

WINNING!!!! Whoooop whooooop :-)

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2019 18:58 #206238 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic SZ5 Delivery
So I sent the below email to Suzuki UK follow another one I had sent about teo weeks ago. I will update with the reply when I get it. I think everyone waiting would benefit by knowing what the hell is going on.

Hi.

I have already emailed you about the ongoing saga that is the distribution and customer service regarding the new Jimny.

As stated in my previous email, having seen the car after being invited to What Car magazine in September where Alan Berry from Suzuki was demonstrating the car, I immediately put down a deposit with a local dealer.

I wanted a Blue SZ5 and was told that April/May would be realistic which I was happy with. I have now had to accept that I will have to take what's available instead of getting the colour and specifications I may want.

However I have spoken to people on BigJimny Forum who are being offered cancellations, even though they have never been on a waiting list or put down a deposit, just registered and interest!

So my question is this. Why oh why are dealers not talking to each other to establish what cars are available having been cancelled and then communicating with customers who could then get the car they want. It cannot be that difficult. I recently needed a new kettle. My local supplier did not have the one in black I wanted..... but in a few minutes found one at another one of their outlets. It was just a matter of some searching on their inventory. Considering the kettle was £50, I cannot see why this sort of service could not be shown when spending £20,000.

That way, I would possibly be able to have a car in the colour I actually want, rather than having to settle for what I am given.

Suzuki UK needs to take a look at this issue. I know the problems with the amount coming into the UK, but your customers deserve some consideration when they are handing over their hard earned money.

Kind regards.

Andy.

More
17 Apr 2019 14:50 #206285 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic SZ5 Delivery
The whole idea of buying a new car is that you can pick the exact specification plus colour you want and not having to make do with whatever they have got left. I have had 4 Gen3 Jimnys and the new shape Vitara from new, and I never had a problem. I can see this debacle damaging their customer care image if it carries on.

I bought a Dacia Duster from new when they first came to the UK and they had the exact same problem, it was a scramble for the dealers when the ship docked at Hull from India to see what they had so that they could full fill the customers orders. I fortunately I got the colour and spec I wanted. That lesson has learnt me to wait out until the initial rush has subsided, the only GEN4 colours I like are the Jungle Green and the Grey which are not yet available, the Suzuki sales rep was confident that the other colours will be coming to the UK at the end of this year. :)

More
17 Apr 2019 17:17 #206297 by stiffsteve204me
Replied by stiffsteve204me on topic SZ5 Delivery
I popped into my Dealership this afternoon,to finalise paperwork etc.

I made a point of asking, again, if this car was Q2, or Q1, and was assured, again, that it was Q2. The Dealership was expecting the delivery in late May, and two vehicles had arrived out of the blue, yesterday. One AT, t'other one Man.

It would seem that I was contacted, next on the list, because I was willing to be flexible regarding colour etc.

Anyway, deal done, and collection on Tuesday.:woohoo:

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds