BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Another on the road

• Hammo19
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Apr 2019 18:04 #206016 by Hammo19
Another on the road was created by Hammo19
Hi everyone

We were very lucky to have collected our new SZ5 today from Stoneacre Lincoln. We drove it back to County Durham so it’s already clocked up around 150 miles. The dealer was excellent and gave us half a tank of fuel and mats in with the price. The only extra I paid for was diamond bride paintwork treatment which comes with a really nice care pack.

Thought I would share my first impressions....

- it’s really well equipped, very comfortable and much fun. It just made me feel good but only when doing 60 or under
- it gets loads of admiring glances and waves too, I was asked loads of questions when I filled up with petrol by the attendant
- infotainment system is good, easy to connect your iPhone and use Apple play. Sound system is quite good but struggles a bit against the sound of the engine if doing over 70 mph
- I have had to adapt my driving style especially when cornering it takes a while to react to steering inputs but it makes the drive hilarious, I found myself leaning round corners with the car, most amusing
- I like the fact it makes you drive at the legal speeds, it’s not all about rushing everywhere it’s about enjoying the drive
- very tiring on the motorway and fast dual carriageways. It has been said before I know. The engine is loud, the car lurches around near large sided vehicles and is blown off course by the wind so it needs constant steering inputs
- the lane departure warning system is very tiresome but you can switch it off. Even if you have to move to the other side of the road to avoid parked cars it goes off
- visibility is fabulous, I didn’t find the rear tyre getting in the way like some have. Mirrors are huge so easy to see everything behind.
- most of all it looks awesome and there’s nothing else like it on the road
- plus it looks like it’s built to last

I really hope the rest of you who have ordered get yours soon.......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hammo19
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Apr 2019 18:05 #206017 by Hammo19
Replied by Hammo19 on topic Another on the road
Here it is
Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
13 Apr 2019 18:07 #206018 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Another on the road
Glad you are enjoying it!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Apr 2019 18:43 #206019 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Another on the road
Excellent mate! Stunning motor. Must feel GREAT to pick her up.

Congrats Hammo.

• Hammo19
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Apr 2019 18:55 #206020 by Hammo19
Thanks for your good wishes chaps

More
13 Apr 2019 19:33 #206022 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Another on the road
Congratulations, glad you are enjoying it!
It really does change your driving style if you have not had one before, but not in a bad way. It does make you enjoy the drive more.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Apr 2019 19:35 #206023 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic Another on the road
Congratulations. Enjoy it.

More
14 Apr 2019 08:40 #206041 by reedx
Replied by reedx on topic Another on the road
Nice one Hammo19

I'm up near Consett and got my silver SZ4 at the start of February. Still yet to see another Gen4 on the road.

Colin

• Hammo19
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Apr 2019 18:25 #206099 by Hammo19
Hi Colin

Not far from you at all we are in Copley, will look out for you.

Took the Jimny racing today at Croft. Well not to race but watch. I can see lots of people pointing and saying it’s one of those new Jinny’s.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Apr 2019 18:29 #206101 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Another on the road

Hammo19 wrote: Hi Colin

Not far from you at all we are in Copley, will look out for you.

Took the Jimny racing today at Croft. Well not to race but watch. I can see lots of people pointing and saying it’s one of those new Jinny’s.

I'm an ego maniac ;-) Will much enjoy the attention, specially from the broads ;-)

More
15 Apr 2019 07:53 #206132 by saxj
Replied by saxj on topic Another on the road

Hammo19 wrote: Hi everyone

We were very lucky to have collected our new SZ5 today from Stoneacre Lincoln. We drove it back to County Durham so it’s already clocked up around 150 miles. The dealer was excellent and gave us half a tank of fuel and mats in with the price. The only extra I paid for was diamond bride paintwork treatment which comes with a really nice care pack.

Thought I would share my first impressions....

- it’s really well equipped, very comfortable and much fun. It just made me feel good but only when doing 60 or under
- it gets loads of admiring glances and waves too, I was asked loads of questions when I filled up with petrol by the attendant
- infotainment system is good, easy to connect your iPhone and use Apple play. Sound system is quite good but struggles a bit against the sound of the engine if doing over 70 mph
- I have had to adapt my driving style especially when cornering it takes a while to react to steering inputs but it makes the drive hilarious, I found myself leaning round corners with the car, most amusing
- I like the fact it makes you drive at the legal speeds, it’s not all about rushing everywhere it’s about enjoying the drive
- very tiring on the motorway and fast dual carriageways. It has been said before I know. The engine is loud, the car lurches around near large sided vehicles and is blown off course by the wind so it needs constant steering inputs
- the lane departure warning system is very tiresome but you can switch it off. Even if you have to move to the other side of the road to avoid parked cars it goes off
- visibility is fabulous, I didn’t find the rear tyre getting in the way like some have. Mirrors are huge so easy to see everything behind.
- most of all it looks awesome and there’s nothing else like it on the road
- plus it looks like it’s built to last

I really hope the rest of you who have ordered get yours soon.......

You are obviously new to Jimny's. It is heaps better in all respects than the older models. Welcome to the Jimny Clan.

More
15 Apr 2019 10:54 #206137 by MrChips
Replied by MrChips on topic Another on the road
Congratulations, can't wait to get mine now

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds