BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Just got my new Jimny! My first impressions video

• JustinSpain
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2019 23:05 #202227 by JustinSpain
Hi! I just got my new Jimny this week and I've been so excited to get it.

I live in Spain and it's the first one on the road in my area! It arrived by surprise... They said it could take over a year but it arrived in 3 months. There is a big demand in Spain for this car.

Anyway, I'm loving this car already! I have a YouTube channel and I've done a first impressions video if you want to watch it

Looking forward to joining in on the discussions on the forum.

Thanks

Justin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2019 23:21 #202229 by Max Headroom
Hi Justin and a BigJimny welcome to you from the sunny(ish) Cotswolds.

An excellent little review. I'm already looking forward to more (provided you keep taking it easy on those roundabouts!)

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2019 23:31 #202231 by Daniel30
Welcome :)

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2019 23:56 #202232 by Andy2640
Hello Justin. Wow you were lucky to get this so soon! congratulations on a lovely vehicle! You got the very best colour too IMO.

I love the blue!!

Thanks for the video, gives me something else to drool over.

Andy.

• JustinSpain
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Feb 2019 04:45 #202239 by JustinSpain
Replied by JustinSpain on topic Just got my new Jimny! My first impressions video
Thanks guys. Yes, very lucky to get it so quickly. Even though I was one of the first to get my order in we thought it would take a very long time to be made, such is the demand.

Cheers!

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
01 Feb 2019 05:18 #202242 by Lambert
Looks good, i like the blue. Welcome to the forum.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
01 Feb 2019 07:47 #202255 by adrianr

• Dorsetdumpling
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Feb 2019 17:03 #202287 by Dorsetdumpling
Replied by Dorsetdumpling on topic Just got my new Jimny! My first impressions video
Welcome!

Caught your video before seeing your post, I believe that you’re sporting what’s known as the “new Jimny grin” in much of it!

Even though I’m still waiting for mine, a quick drive of the demo model showed the same lack of grip, the back end skipping out when i hit a manhole on a corner.

More
01 Feb 2019 17:26 #202288 by adrianr

Dorsetdumpling wrote: Welcome!

Caught your video before seeing your post, I believe that you’re sporting what’s known as the “new Jimny grin” in much of it!

Even though I’m still waiting for mine, a quick drive of the demo model showed the same lack of grip, the back end skipping out when i hit a manhole on a corner.

I've not driven a new one but you might want to make sure the tyres are not over-inflated. On my older Jimny over-inflated tyres made it very skittish. You would hope there are not from the dealer, still worth a quick check.

More
01 Feb 2019 19:12 - 01 Feb 2019 19:13 #202298 by Themooingman
Hi and welcome. Car looks great. I have a focus RS as well !

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and Rear Camera, floor mats pack and Rigid tyre Cover
Last edit: 01 Feb 2019 19:13 by Themooingman.

More
01 Feb 2019 21:20 #202320 by Soeley

adrianr wrote:

I've not driven a new one but you might want to make sure the tyres are not over-inflated. On my older Jimny over-inflated tyres made it very skittish. You would hope there are not from the dealer, still worth a quick check.

I'll echo that, I picked up my new Jimny on the 15 Jan, the tyres were set to 38psi, should be 26psi.

I watched your video the yesterday, saw your video when you placed the order and subscribed.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Feb 2019 12:56 #202361 by Andy2640

Forgive me, i'm pretty new to 4wd cars. What makes a car with 4wd skittish? I thought they would have loads of grip? Is it due to the lack of a limited slip diff or?

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds