BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny - one of the first in Perth AUS + more local photos!

• Ivoryhotlid
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2019 08:11 #202167 by Ivoryhotlid
Hi,

Finally got to collect my new Jimny last night from Suzuki in Osborne Park (Perth, AUS). I placed the pre-order at the beginning of Oct '18 so I'm glad the 4 month wait is over. By all accounts mine is one of the first to hit the road, at least on the West Coast, the waiting list is pushing 6 months now.

I went for the Ivory with Black/blueish roof after much deliberation, it was tricky as I had to choose from photos - no real life examples here until last Sat but I'm happy with my choice (first world problems for sure).

We don't have access to any accessories or upgrades over here yet, not even roof racks, but I will be looking at a set of AT's. My alloy is however only 5" wide so that gives me a very limited choice of tyre unless I change the wheels which would be a shame as I think they look great. ARB are saying at least Q2 before they bring anything to market, I'm sure the flood gates will open soon now that the car is actually here.

We only have one model over here so its either manual or auto and a limited color choice only, whether that will change down the line we shall see. We do get GPS NAV, AEB, lane departure warning, reversing camera and Apple Car Play as standard, alloys also.

I've added some photos of my car. A couple I took after the test drive with trade plates, the others show an uninvited (and unwelcome!) travelling companion hidden in the passenger side door. I found him this arvo, I've included a closer photo of said companion - oh the joys of living in WA! If anyone knows what type of spider it is I'd be interested to know, its not one I've seen before, maybe it's not a local and sadly (?) it didn't survive the experience...

I plan to take the car up to the local beach/dunes soon, those being Wilbinga and Lancelin, and up to the Powerlines in the Perth Hills for a shakedown after it's had it's 1000km check up, I'll post some photo's when I get the chance :)

In case you are wondering (you probably weren't) having a black roof in sunny WA isn't normally advisable, it can get a bit warm in summer (40C+) - hence Ivoryhotlid :)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
31 Jan 2019 08:15 #202168 by Lambert
Welcome to the forum!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ivoryhotlid

More
31 Jan 2019 08:25 #202169 by Gadget
Congrats on buying the best colour (although I may be slightly biased!), Just glad mine didn't come with added nightmare-fuel-critter *shudder* :)

More
31 Jan 2019 08:34 #202170 by adrianr

• Ivoryhotlid
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2019 08:51 #202172 by Ivoryhotlid
I'm glad I found it, and not my wife - she would have set fire to the car...

• mikeyw85
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2019 08:56 #202173 by mikeyw85
Nice retro-looking colour. I think the general consensus is that 215/75R15 tyres are a good fit for standard wheels, which I think are actually at least 5.5".

More
31 Jan 2019 09:55 #202174 by 1390_taz

• Ivoryhotlid
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Feb 2019 01:50 #202237 by Ivoryhotlid
It looks like there are differences in different markets, the placard (photo below) shows the recommended wheel size at 15x5 :(

I may end up keeping this set for the road and having a set of steel wheels and AT's for off.
Attachments:

• cyberdriver
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Feb 2019 03:54 - 01 Feb 2019 03:55 #202238 by cyberdriver
I'm not sure they still teach fractions in Australia, but when I was at school 5 1/2 = 5.5 B)
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Feb 2019 03:55 by cyberdriver.

• cyberdriver
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Feb 2019 06:05 #202245 by cyberdriver
btw, I reckon this is the most suitable A/T tyre readily available in Aus for the OEM rims, in the 215/75R15 size mentioned above.
toyotires.com.au/tyres/suv-4x4-tyres/ite...-open-country-a-t-ii
Planning to order some when my new Jimny arrives, but happy for you to test them out first :)
Will try out some 235/75 Hankooks on my local dealer's lifted demo tomorrow, but only on road of course. Expecting them to feel a bit sluggish, mostly because of the 235 size and weight.

• Ivoryhotlid
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Feb 2019 06:23 #202246 by Ivoryhotlid

I'd be interested to know how it drives with the 235's, especially if there is any rubbing. It's a shame you can't test them at full articulation too, now that would be a proper test drive!

• Ivoryhotlid
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Feb 2019 00:03 #202332 by Ivoryhotlid
Hi, I don't frequent the area unfortunately, I live in the Northern burbs. I'd try Suzuki in Osborne Park or Goldy Suzuki in Midland, both are quite close to you.

If you do decide to buy I'd suggest checking pricing between the different dealerships, some are markedly higher than others (manipulation of the dealer delivery charges I suspect).

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds