BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

2019 Jimny - Real Life Experience + Feedback

More
02 Feb 2019 18:41 - 02 Feb 2019 18:41 #202386 by tim04
It's been around 0 to -3 degrees here in Edinburgh over the last week and the Jimny windscreen washers have been frozen more often than not. I had a look in the fluid reservoir yesterday and it was frozen solid and crystal clear. It's two weeks old and suppling dealer hadn't bothered to put any screen wash in it, just plain water....., which I thought was pretty cheap of them given we're in the middle of winter.
Last edit: 02 Feb 2019 18:41 by tim04.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2019 19:37 #202392 by Bob1050

tim04 wrote: It's been around 0 to -3 degrees here in Edinburgh over the last week and the Jimny windscreen washers have been frozen more often than not. I had a look in the fluid reservoir yesterday and it was frozen solid and crystal clear. It's two weeks old and suppling dealer hadn't bothered to put any screen wash in it, just plain water....., which I thought was pretty cheap of them given we're in the middle of winter.

That's not a good advertisement for a Suzuki dealership - makes me wonder what other 'short cuts' they might take when it comes to servicing? There's always a balance between screenwash that's strong enough to cut through traffic film, strip wax polish off the paintwork and not freeze at the first sign of frost and tap water that leaves you struggling for visibility through the windscreen.

More
02 Feb 2019 19:43 #202393 by Bob1050
Another positive reminder that Suzuki designers are on the ball - you can easily drive a Jimny wearing welly boots due to the size and spacing of the pedals. Today I'm even gladder that I specified the rubber mats with the retaining lip. Today those mats saved the footwells from being totally trashed with a mix of liquid cattle poo and melting snow off my boots. Reminder to others - think carefully if carpets or rubber mats are more appropriate to your Jimny needs?

More
02 Feb 2019 20:44 #202396 by Soeley

Bob1050 wrote: Another positive reminder that Suzuki designers are on the ball - you can easily drive a Jimny wearing welly boots due to the size and spacing of the pedals. Today I'm even gladder that I specified the rubber mats with the retaining lip. Today those mats saved the footwells from being totally trashed with a mix of liquid cattle poo and melting snow off my boots. Reminder to others - think carefully if carpets or rubber mats are more appropriate to your Jimny needs?

I like it. For me the Jimny seems to inspire the more agricultural the better B)

More
02 Feb 2019 21:31 - 02 Feb 2019 21:31 #202402 by Max Headroom

facade wrote: ...Bob Heath visor inserts...
....They used to have quarterlights too, so you could crack them open and prevent the side windows misting up

Blimey! Yes! Bob Heath visors! I remember those - never had a clue who Bob Heath was, though.

.... And quarterlights - they should be reintroduced! I miss them too.
I'm looking at acquiring some of those side-wind deflectors and I guess in a way they will do a similar job to the quarterlights

My 'olden days' are much the same as yours, Façade - but some of my cars have been far older :)

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 02 Feb 2019 21:31 by Max Headroom.

More
02 Feb 2019 22:50 #202404 by Bob1050
After another period of reflection on todays off-road experience I was also reminded of the Jimny's other well quoted advantage of light weight. Although most of the tracks and fields were well frozen I did note the lack damage to what underneath is an easily damaged substrate at this time of year. Looking back up the hill I cannot deny I've left a track across the snow and frost but I haven't chewed up the underlying grass to the point at which someone will come after me ranting about environmental damage. In fact the tractor has left far more visible tracks across the landscape.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
03 Feb 2019 06:26 #202415 by Lambert
This is why we have been using them for land work for the last 12years , welcome to the future!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
03 Feb 2019 18:49 #202467 by Bob1050
Bit of a question today - After leaving the Jimny sitting in the rain and snow for a few hours I set off down the road and was surprised to hear what sounded like water sloshing about in a tin can. After a few miles the sloshing noise abated and that was that. Does standing water build up within the body and then drain out under movement? Zero sign of any water ingress to the interior - unlike our last Solihull produced 4X4. Your thoughts appreciated - especially from new Jimny owners.

More
03 Feb 2019 22:27 #202498 by Max Headroom
Mine lives outside all the time - I can't say I've experienced anything that sounds like that!

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
03 Feb 2019 23:06 #202501 by adrianr
Only had that in a Landcruiser 80 where the drains from the sunroof drain into the sills, and the sill drains were blocked with mud.

I wonder what could be happening to your Jimny.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
04 Feb 2019 05:01 #202511 by Lambert
My old Nissan maverick used to do this. It was the drains for the scuttle being blocked that did it.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
04 Feb 2019 08:49 #202525 by Gadget

Bob1050 wrote: Bit of a question today - After leaving the Jimny sitting in the rain and snow for a few hours I set off down the road and was surprised to hear what sounded like water sloshing about in a tin can. After a few miles the sloshing noise abated and that was that. Does standing water build up within the body and then drain out under movement? Zero sign of any water ingress to the interior - unlike our last Solihull produced 4X4. Your thoughts appreciated - especially from new Jimny owners.

I had exactly the same thing happen - I assumed it was snow melt in the roof gutters, but don't know for sure.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds