BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:SZ4/SZ5 possible upgrades discussion.

More
28 Jan 2019 14:21 #201920 by saxj

Gadget wrote:
The larger tyres are only 1.5% bigger diameter wise, so shouldn't have a massive impact on performance, although Roam Overland has some on his Jimny in SA and said they hit economy.

He also fitted a roof-rack and has a whole bunch of crap on top of it. I'm not surprised his economy is bad.

There is also a marked difference in consumption depending on speed. Anything over 110kph, the auto is very thirsty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cyberdriver
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jan 2019 20:51 #201958 by cyberdriver
Replied by cyberdriver on topic SZ4/SZ5 possible upgrades discussion

saxj wrote:

reedx wrote:

Gadget wrote: I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a set of BF Goodrich A/T tyres in 215/75R15 on the stock alloys. Was disappointed to find that the stock Bridgestone Duellers are only the HT and not AT version, so no 3peaks or M+S marking.

Are the stock alloys wider than the standard steel wheels? From what I've read 195 is the maximum width on the 5.5" steel rim.

Colin

The wheels are exactly the same dimensions as all previous Jimny's. 215's are fine on 5.5J rims. We have gone up to 31" tyres with no problems with the rims.

Where I live in Australia I think 215 might be the legal limit for 5.5J, and larger would void insurance.

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jan 2019 21:21 #201961 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic SZ4/SZ5 possible upgrades discussion
Would anyone know how a bull bar would be fitted, as in what it would attach to?

More
28 Jan 2019 21:34 #201963 by Busta

Andy2640 wrote: Would anyone know how a bull bar would be fitted, as in what it would attach to?

The chassis I would hope.

More
29 Jan 2019 06:21 #201981 by Gadget
Most important upgrade at the moment, until all the availability madness settles down:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
29 Jan 2019 06:40 #201984 by Lambert
Couldn't agree more, better safe than sorry!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
29 Jan 2019 09:33 #202008 by Gadget
ARB goodies at the Australian launch event.

More
29 Jan 2019 10:01 #202009 by saxj

Gadget wrote: Most important upgrade at the moment, until all the availability madness settles down:

Ha, ha. Here in SA, vehicle theft is big. The one vehicle that none of us worries about getting stolen is a Jimny.
We did have one case of Jimny theft, it turns out the guy forgot where he parked his car.

• TomNewton
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2019 08:44 #202067 by TomNewton
Replied by TomNewton on topic SZ4/SZ5 possible upgrades discussion
Some bull / crash bars been unveiled here by a company in Italy

www.misutonida.com/car/jimny-448.html?ricerca_effettuata=true

File Attachment:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
30 Jan 2019 09:00 #202069 by Lambert
Looks like a good place to hang some lights off, nice and subtle.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
30 Jan 2019 10:38 #202076 by Gadget
It's illegal for bull bars which don't meet safety standards to be sold - so make sure you get EC approved ones from that list. Personally I'm not a fan of bull bars as they add weight and bulk for no practical benefit unless you'll be nudging things with regularity! Racks seem a more practical choice if you need somewhere to mount lighting?

More
30 Jan 2019 10:46 - 30 Jan 2019 10:48 #202077 by saxj

Gadget wrote: It's illegal for bull bars which don't meet safety standards to be sold - so make sure you get EC approved ones from that list. Personally I'm not a fan of bull bars as they add weight and bulk for no practical benefit unless you'll be nudging things with regularity! Racks seem a more practical choice if you need somewhere to mount lighting?

I'm really glad I don't live in a nanny state / country.

That said though, We are not allowed to mount lights above 1.4m, so putting lights on a rack is a no-no.
Last edit: 30 Jan 2019 10:48 by saxj.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds