BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:2019 Jimny Australian special upgrade, or not?

More
22 Jan 2019 12:39 #201411 by saxj

cyberdriver wrote: G'day!
My local dealer is fitting its only demo Jimny (an auto) with a 50mm lift, wider (6") steel rims and 235/75R15 AT tyres before the official launch in Australia because they reckon this will be a popular (and legal) combo - and are offering the same to customers of either manual/auto. Apparently it's recommended/endorsed by Suzuki Aus, and no other mods are required (e.g. trimming wheel arches, lengthening cables, reducing gear ratios).

Is this the sweet spot for a mild upgrade? I can obviously test drive it, but not off-road. Before learning of this option I was thinking of just 215/75R15 ATs on the OEM alloy rims. I'll be doing some beach driving and sandy tracks/dunes but nothing too extreme - in a manual.

Where do you think I should start?

Cheers.

I have the Auto, and upped the tyre size to 215/80R15. It goes well enough, but the fuel consumption sucks.
The new Jimny is as light as the old one, so no need for huge tyres in sand. Just learn to deflate the tyres properly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cyberdriver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2019 12:42 #201412 by saxj

Lambert wrote: With the 235 its a 6pc increase in height or approximately 50mm ish plus an extra 40mm width. I'd be surprised if they didn't catch somewhere on full lock full compression?

235's at stock height do rub. I'm not sure if you lift it, you'll probably need to extend bump stops. My 215/80R15's touch the inner wells at full compression.

• cyberdriver
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jan 2019 08:24 #201487 by cyberdriver
Replied by cyberdriver on topic 2019 Jimny Australian special upgrade, or not?
Sax, you are talking about the 2019 model in those 2 replies, right?

I found a detailed article which makes a lot of sense and seems to confirm your advice sax, zukebob and lambert: outbackjoe.com/macho-divertissement/mach...s-dont-help-in-sand/

More
23 Jan 2019 10:44 #201501 by saxj

cyberdriver wrote: Sax, you are talking about the 2019 model in those 2 replies, right?

I found a detailed article which makes a lot of sense and seems to confirm your advice sax, zukebob and lambert: outbackjoe.com/macho-divertissement/mach...s-dont-help-in-sand/

Yes.

More
23 Jan 2019 23:03 #201580 by saxj

cyberdriver wrote: G'day!
My local dealer is fitting its only demo Jimny (an auto) with a 50mm lift, wider (6") steel rims and 235/75R15 AT tyres before the official launch in Australia because they reckon this will be a popular (and legal) combo - and are offering the same to customers of either manual/auto. Apparently it's recommended/endorsed by Suzuki Aus, and no other mods are required (e.g. trimming wheel arches, lengthening cables, reducing gear ratios).

Is this the sweet spot for a mild upgrade? I can obviously test drive it, but not off-road. Before learning of this option I was thinking of just 215/75R15 ATs on the OEM alloy rims. I'll be doing some beach driving and sandy tracks/dunes but nothing too extreme - in a manual.

Where do you think I should start?

Cheers.

I just fitted my 50mm lift tonight. It needs some work, not just a straight install. Brake lines front and back are too short. Vacuum hoses are too short. ABS wires are too short. The prop touches the front cross member.

More
27 Jan 2019 09:49 #201816 by Bill Portland
I see that the reversing camera is standard

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds