BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

My 2019 SZ4

More
11 Jan 2019 13:27 #200452 by Bill Portland
Replied by Bill Portland on topic Re:My 2019 SZ4

mikeyw85 wrote:

Lambert wrote: What diameter are the headlights? If they're 7 inch you could get some super cool Nolden led ones. Not that I am trying to modify your car for you before you have had it a week.

Might be worth a look, but the price is a bit hefty.

I noticed this morning that my auto window on drivers side didn't go up or down as an auto window would. Had to hold the button the whole way.

Could need resetting? Auto windows often need to be reset if they've encountered an obstruction sometime before

Sent from my Lenovo YB1-X90F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikeyw85
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2019 13:31 #200453 by mikeyw85
Replied by mikeyw85 on topic Re:My 2019 SZ4

Bill Portland wrote:

mikeyw85 wrote:

Lambert wrote: What diameter are the headlights? If they're 7 inch you could get some super cool Nolden led ones. Not that I am trying to modify your car for you before you have had it a week.

Might be worth a look, but the price is a bit hefty.

I noticed this morning that my auto window on drivers side didn't go up or down as an auto window would. Had to hold the button the whole way.

Could need resetting? Auto windows often need to be reset if they've encountered an obstruction sometime before

Sent from my Lenovo YB1-X90F using Tapatalk

I will try some reset procedures later tonight.

Also, I can't find the manual and service book! ha.

More
11 Jan 2019 13:40 #200455 by reedx
Replied by reedx on topic Re:My 2019 SZ4

mikeyw85 wrote: Also, I can't find the manual and service book! ha.

The owners handbooks are available online - you need your Vin number though to access it

cars.suzuki.co.uk/owners/maintaining-you...ki/owners-handbooks/

There are a few people waiting to have a look at the owners handbook prior to receiving their cars (me included!), so if you do download one could you upload it here? ;-)

Colin

More
11 Jan 2019 14:08 #200458 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:My 2019 SZ4

reedx wrote:

The owners handbooks are available online - you need your Vin number though to access it

There are a few people waiting to have a look at the owners handbook prior to receiving their cars (me included!), so if you do download one could you upload it here? ;-)

Colin

Not for the VIN mumbers I know - e.g. JSAGJB74V00104883

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
11 Jan 2019 15:02 #200462 by reedx
Replied by reedx on topic Re:My 2019 SZ4

mlines wrote:

reedx wrote:

Colin

Not for the VIN mumbers I know - e.g. JSAGJB74V00104883

That's a shame. Suzuki need to be more on the ball with this type of thing.

Colin

More
11 Jan 2019 15:37 #200466 by facade
Replied by facade on topic My 2019 SZ4

mikeyw85 wrote:

Usually you hold the switch fully over after it has reached the end and count to 5, then motor to the other end and repeat.

Glad for you that you have one, I have a silver on order, I'm tempted to call and say I'll accept black, but if I had black either I would have to clean it or it would just look filthy all the time. (My heart says black, but my head says silver. Maybe the next batch will include grey- which is what I wanted)

My RAV4 was silver, I only cleaned that on the day I had it...

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
11 Jan 2019 16:17 - 11 Jan 2019 16:18 #200470 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Re:My 2019 SZ4

Daz3031 wrote: Wheel-size.com states the 2019 Jimmy has an offset of 22 but the Jimmy Sierra (i.e. what we get in the UK) has an offset of 5. My dealer has checked with Suzuki UK technical support and they have said it's 22 though. Think I'll measure the wheel myself when my one arrives before ordering a second set of steelies.

Looking at the various online pictures, the wider track is because the wheels have another 17mm of offset each, the centre of the alloy looks a long way from the rim. (Bye-bye wheel bearings)

Bit of a pain, as I was hoping to just take the wheels off mine and put them straight on the new one, complete with Winter tyres. I daresay they will fit, but the flares will look rather silly with nothing under them, and no doubt the insurance won't like it as the track will be less.

I think the new tyre size is 195/80 r15 and Winter tyres are like rocking horse droppings in that size, mine are 205/70, the 195/80 will add 1/2" to the ground clearance over them.

The gilt seems to be wearing off the new one before I even get a delivery date.....

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Last edit: 11 Jan 2019 16:18 by facade.

• Daz3031
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2019 17:02 #200473 by Daz3031
Replied by Daz3031 on topic Re:My 2019 SZ4

facade wrote:

Daz3031 wrote: Wheel-size.com states the 2019 Jimmy has an offset of 22 but the Jimmy Sierra (i.e. what we get in the UK) has an offset of 5. My dealer has checked with Suzuki UK technical support and they have said it's 22 though. Think I'll measure the wheel myself when my one arrives before ordering a second set of steelies.

Looking at the various online pictures, the wider track is because the wheels have another 17mm of offset each, the centre of the alloy looks a long way from the rim. (Bye-bye wheel bearings)

Is it not the other way round? Changing from an offset of 5 to 22 would reduce the track? If you want to increase the track then you normally go to negative offsets. Therefore, if anything, your wheels from your existing car will sit further out.

This assumes the new Jimmy has an offset of 22 though.....

More
11 Jan 2019 17:49 #200478 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic Re:My 2019 SZ4
[/quote]I think the new tyre size is 195/80 r15 and Winter tyres are like rocking horse droppings in that size, mine are 205/70, the 195/80 will add 1/2" to the ground clearance over them. The gilt seems to be wearing off the new one before I even get a delivery date.....[/quote]

You can get General Grabber AT3 in the new size, at £80 a corner...:)

www.tyresdirectuk.co.uk/product/general-grabber-at3-195-80r15/

More
11 Jan 2019 19:06 #200493 by Themooingman
Replied by Themooingman on topic My 2019 SZ4
Looks great, getting excited for tomorrow. My VIN number (which arrived in the post in a suzuki welcome package) didnt work on the website.

Ill check mine tomorrow for handbook/service book.

Couple of questions i have, maybe not the best place to post here, how do you get the spare wheel off ? Can you change the bulbs in the running lights to LED to match the headlights and is it easy ? (SZ5 has LED headlights but from what i can see halogen running lights)

Glad you are enjoying it.

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and Rear Camera, floor mats pack and Rigid tyre Cover

• mikeyw85
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2019 19:26 #200499 by mikeyw85
Replied by mikeyw85 on topic My 2019 SZ4
The spare wheel disc cover is held on by a single wheel nut. Under that you have access to 3 more nuts that hold the spare to the door. I haven't had time to look to see if there's a jack or wrench in the car.

More
11 Jan 2019 19:29 #200500 by Themooingman
Replied by Themooingman on topic My 2019 SZ4
i was shown this in the showroom. jack and wrench are under the cubby in the boot if you lift out the small tray.

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and Rear Camera, floor mats pack and Rigid tyre Cover

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds