BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 May 2019 16:25 #207962 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Apparently I was 7th in the waiting list of those who placed a deposit. The person in front of me only wants a black one so I moved up one place. The dealer has had 8 allocated this year and had 3 so far. The next 3 are due in...... well depending on who says what...June to August.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2019 16:45 #207963 by No Stock Available
if yours was 7th you would get it in the last quarter of the year unless more people cancelled.

they are the same as us, 2 per quarter of the year they wont come before that.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 May 2019 18:51 #207975 by Aj4x4
I have been told mine is definitely going to be here by August. The dealer said that no one had ordered a Kenetic Yellow and some only wanted a SZ4 or Auto..... so maybe I have jumped a little further than I know about. I will continue to wait and just watch more You Tube videos of others enjoying theirs......... vicarious ownership!!

• lee1980
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2019 07:58 #208006 by lee1980
Replied by lee1980 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Certainly seems like no dealer or deposit or known vehicle location is consistent at all. You would think this day and age Suzuki UK would know exactly how many can be made and spec and we would all know if can order or not to say 18months is mental.
I did when first saw a new Jimny coming out sorta think, they not be that popular as older one is like a niche market!
I am just hoping my current car lasts until these are more available!

• AlexK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2019 09:17 #208017 by AlexK
Replied by AlexK on topic New Jimny waiting list
I have a theory about all of this. It's just a personal theory, though, and isn't backed by any particular facts.

My suspicion is that, due to global demand, instead of building cars in response to orders from each region, the factory is just churning out whatever they can based on the component sets they can get from the various suppliers. When they have enough completed units, they're loaded on to a ship and off they go. The importer doesn't get a say in it, it's just whatever becomes available.

Sounds a bit ridiculous for a nation usually so regimented in JIT production methodologies, but it's the only scenario I can think that explains why Suzuki GB doesn't know what cars they're getting or where they are.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2019 10:27 #208023 by Aj4x4
Having spoken to several dealers..... I think you are right. None of the dealers have a choice of colour/spec/auto/manual etc. They are very much given what is available. I have no beef with the dealers for that as its something they cannot control. What does grind my gears is the fact that they happily took deposits on cars and spec and colours and led customers to think that would have a car they wanted in a defined period of time. If I had been told the wait would be up to a year and I may not get the first choice colour...... I would have still placed a deposit but would have not been left frustrated now not knowing what the hell is going on!!

More
15 May 2019 14:50 #208035 by stiffsteve204me

Aj4x4 wrote: Having spoken to several dealers..... I think you are right. None of the dealers have a choice of colour/spec/auto/manual etc. They are very much given what is available. I have no beef with the dealers for that as its something they cannot control. What does grind my gears is the fact that they happily took deposits on cars and spec and colours and led customers to think that would have a car they wanted in a defined period of time. If I had been told the wait would be up to a year and I may not get the first choice colour...... I would have still placed a deposit but would have not been left frustrated now not knowing what the hell is going on!!

When i "expressed an interest", on 12 th. March, I was told, eight to twelve months, with no choice of spec. If I had wanted to specify, they said that they were not able to give me any idea of a delivery date.
I am still astounded that, after expecting to wait eight to twelve months, I drove my new Jimny out of the Dealership on 23 April.
I was told that each salesperson (three of them), had their own lists of interested, potential buyers, and assume that each had a vehicle allocated in rotation, and they would work down their list until a buyer was found.

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2019 14:59 #208036 by Aj4x4
Blimey. Which dealership...... I might go and log an interest....... it just goes to show what a complete cluster this whole thing is.

More
05 Oct 2019 10:14 #214347 by Dan
Replied by Dan on topic New Jimny waiting list
What size of a pool do dealerships have to exchange their allocation? Is it countrywide or just regional?

I've been top of the waiting list for a number of months and although I was previously told there was nothing coming in before January, they are hoping to get me a jimny sooner...

The dealer is supposed to get eight per year, but I believe they are part of a group that has other branches which I believe get more.

More
05 Oct 2019 10:28 #214350 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
The reason the waiting list is so variable is that people have registered at multiple dealers. When one person gets a Jimny this suddenly removes a person from 5 other dealer lists so the list can evaporate leaving someone far down the list suddenly offered one.

If someone was to remove duplicate registrations on the lists I reckon it's 6 months long , not a year to 18 months. However having said that there is all the signs of no allocation at all this coming quarter

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
05 Oct 2019 10:41 #214354 by Dan
Replied by Dan on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
Thanks, another dealer quoted an allocation of four per year and a waiting list indicating an 18 month wait.

• AusJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Oct 2019 13:20 #214360 by AusJimny
Replied by AusJimny on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
I had to pay a 1k deposit, so I don't know how people are getting on multiple waiting list.

I think if yours comes early it's most likely because someone else couldn't get the funds together to make the purchase.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds