BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

• Davyo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 May 2019 17:15 - 09 May 2019 22:05 #207627 by Davyo
Replied by Davyo on topic New Jimny waiting list
Very naughty,sure that's an infringement on advertising.Just emailed Stoneacre Hull , see what they have to say.Copied of email sent to Autotrader.Whats wrong with the correct add they already have? Got a reply & they confirmed its not for sale (demo)Still naughty as no note to say its anything but a car for sale.Plus they already have an add to attract custom.
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 May 2019 22:05 by Davyo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2019 21:35 - 13 May 2019 21:50 #207918 by cailean
Replied by cailean on topic New Jimny waiting list
Does anyone know of any dealers with stock in, or soon to come in and available, preferably in South East? I know a long shot, but my local dealer did get one last week and it took a week to sell. I didn't want a K/Yellow colour so passed up on it.
Last edit: 13 May 2019 21:50 by cailean.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 May 2019 05:37 #207922 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New Jimny waiting list

cailean wrote: Does anyone know of any dealers with stock in, or soon to come in and available, preferably in South East? I know a long shot, but my local dealer did get one last week and it took a week to sell. I didn't want a K/Yellow colour so passed up on it.

Hi,

Your chances now are super thin, if im being honest with you. We got guys and gals here been waiting since September.

Your only option as i see it, is to buy one slightly modded, or buy one with like 500 miles on off ebay.

Best of luck Cailean.

More
14 May 2019 08:58 #207932 by No Stock Available
Autotrader is the best bet, quite a few showing up there now at over inflated prices but they are out there.

we stopped taking orders and are quoting at 18 months before we can provide any more.

More
14 May 2019 10:57 #207941 by OctaneJimny
Replied by OctaneJimny on topic New Jimny waiting list
I'd have dived on a Kentic yellow one as that was my first colour choice. Mine was due in January but only just passing Gibraltar on a ship called the Global Leader. Don't know if that's the next batch on that ship or there is some already in Zeebrugge /Grimsby. deposit was paid in last November.

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club

More
14 May 2019 11:40 #207945 by Bill Portland

No Stock Available wrote: Autotrader is the best bet, quite a few showing up there now at over inflated prices but they are out there.

You're not wrong there!

Buyers are still falling foul of Suzuki's "fair" policy of allocated cars to dealers and not to deposit paying customers. Hence buyers without cars and (not any longer) other cars without buyers
Attachments:

More
14 May 2019 12:06 #207949 by No Stock Available
Well yes, we know of dealers doing certain customers favours and placing them infront of other deposit payers...

recently had a famous person visit our dealership and we told them 18 months plus for a jimny but we will keep your details, famous person rings me 2 weeks later saying a dealership had put him to the front of the queue.

the other issue is regarding deposit playing customers, some dealers have taken way more orders than they can ever provide.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 May 2019 12:50 #207954 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic New Jimny waiting list
I am hoping mine is in a ship somewhere. Deposit paid in September and been fobbed off with three different delivery dates. Wanted Blue but took Kenetic Yellow as that was apparently the next one available. The whole system is a joke. Suzuki are lucky there is nothing close to the Jimny on the market or they would be losing customers hand over fist. My last expected date was June but advised it might now be August!!!!!

More
14 May 2019 13:19 #207955 by No Stock Available
Did they actually tell you what number in the queue you were ?

because although you paid a deposit in September that doesn't actually mean anything as no dealer can order a can they just get an allocation per quarter, can you ask them to confirm what allocation they get and where in the queue you were when you placed some money down

More
14 May 2019 14:13 #207956 by raLLe
Replied by raLLe on topic New Jimny waiting list
I have orderd a silky silver metalic, i should arrive Ultimo 2019 as the first jimny the local dealer will get.

I Live in Denmark.

My Instagram - wanderlust_jimny

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 May 2019 15:12 #207958 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New Jimny waiting list

Bill Portland wrote:

No Stock Available wrote: Autotrader is the best bet, quite a few showing up there now at over inflated prices but they are out there.

You're not wrong there!

Buyers are still falling foul of Suzuki's "fair" policy of allocated cars to dealers and not to deposit paying customers. Hence buyers without cars and (not any longer) other cars without buyers

#

This silver jimny went months ago. I know, i rang to enquire. He is using it as a ploy to get people ringing for pcp deals.

More
14 May 2019 15:42 #207961 by Bill Portland

Andy2640 wrote:

Bill Portland wrote:

You're not wrong there!

#

This silver jimny went months ago. I know, i rang to enquire. He is using it as a ploy to get people ringing for pcp deals.

Does the trickery of the automotive industry know no bounds?

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds